Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A little blue and brown to announce a little one!

My cousin (well...my cousin's wife, but she's MY cousin too! :) )asked me to come up with a few baby announcement ideas. She's having a baby in about 3 months. OF COURSE I was excited to help! Here are a few ideas I gave her that she didn't end up picking. I won't post the one that she wants to do until after the baby is here and announcements sent out. :) I tried to keep all the cards from having too much bulge or anything. I didn't want her to have to pay extra postage for all the announcements she sends out. Hope you enjoy! And if you are looking for a baby announcement idea...hope this helps! Or if you are looking for a card layout...hope one of these helps as well! :) With stamping...it would be so easy to change any of these layouts into something that works for your purpose!

I actually really like this layout. I went with different blues and Chocolate Chip on all the cards I did. This idea came from this card. I used my square punches and then for the sailboat, I cut that out and popped it up on dimensionals. And then I LOVE LOVE that Bashful Blue striped ribbon that I think is SO baby boy. TOO CUTE, I think anyway. :) Also...the small stripe of Chocolate Chip on the bottom is actually on the inside. I just cut a small amount off the bottom of the front card. That way...you can see the Chocolate Chip on the inside when you open it. So the colors here are Bashful Blue and Chocolate Chip.
So this card is 1/2 Designer Series Paper and 1/2 Textured Card Stock. I tried to get a pic up close to show you the textured card stock, but I don't think I really captured it. SORRY! I love textured card stock though. It really does add just the right touch to projects. But I also LOVE this sailboat. Too cute! :) And I love the size of this card. It fits in the Small Open End Envelopes that Stampin' Up! sells. Doesn't cost extra in postage or anything but is a fun and unique size. The colors here are Baja Breeze and Chocolate Chip.

I guess I'm repeating myself, but I think this one is fun too. :) I got this idea from this card here. I just made a few changes. I really like the 2 brads on the ribbon. And I cut the ear from a scrap piece of Chocolate Chip Patterns Designer Series Paper. And the whole center piece is up on dimensionals...but you wouldn't necessarily have to do that part. The colors here are Bashful Blue and Chocolate Chip again.
All of these cards used the "Nursery Necessities" set. This is a GREAT set with LOTS of images to make any of your baby projects unique! I LOVE this set! Quite a few fun sayings as well. All in all.....it's a well rounded set. :) (Sorry for that pitch...I just had so much fun working with this set I thought I would share! :) )
Anyway: it was fun coming up with some ideas. Thanks for the inspiration I found on Splitcoast, it made it a lot easier too!

5 comments:

Kristine said...

Cute cute!! Can't wait to see the winning card :)

Megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan said...

So cute! I love them all, but I really love the bottom one. I love his little chocolate ear. :) Too cute, great job!

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

These are all so adorable!

lindsey s. said...

For a second, i thought YOU were announcing something..... phew! Those are DARLING.. great job Ashley!

Back with A Latte Love! TGIF Challenge #465!

Well I have a fun challenge for you this week!  And Stampin' Up! even recently released the perfect suite for this challenge ... availab...