Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Card for 2008?!

Yes...yes...I know. Christmas is about a week away. I am SO BEHIND yet again this year on my Christmas cards! What can I say?! I try. It just never gets done on time. Anyway: I was trying to come up with something that I can make for my card this year, and I came up with this. I finished it and thought, "Nah. I'll try something else." Well, after a few more tries, I still like this one the best. I like the simplicity of it. Anyway....still not sure this is going to be the one, but it's a possibility. I really need to finalize whatever I'm doing though..huh?! :)

To make this card all I did was punch out a few circles...one was 1 3/4" and one was 1 1/4". Then I cut a strip of silver card stock (yes...silver! I think it gets overlooked in the Stampin' Up! catalog, but it really is beautiful!) to about 3/4". Then I used the scallop edge punch and scalloped the whole strip. Then I just cut off a portion of it, adhered it to the top of my circle and the main ornament was completed. :) Then I just attached some silver elastic cording, tied a bow, adhered the ornament on with a dimensional, and VOILA! :) Some sponging and a sentiment, and you're done. Hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

Bobby Sue said...

I like it!

Kimberly said...

I love simple. I like it a lot. Thanks for the idea

Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Fun Box!

 How's it been going, being on Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Design Team, you ask?  👏 😍 🙌  Well - when you are sent boxes like this ...