Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Manly card?!??!

This is another card that I designed for my upline's meeting that we will NOT be making. (Yes...we are NOT making this one so I'll share. :) I will share the cards we will be making after the event, which is on Friday night. So stay tuned for those!) I was going for a more masculine birthday card for this one, because I think that is something a lot struggle with. I know I do! :) I guess it's hard to have a "hand stamped" card look too masculine. And maybe I shouldn't have done the ribbon....hmmmmm...that's a thought to do just a strip of card stock that width instead or something. Anyway: here it is, in all it's glory! Hope it gives you some sort of inspiration! :) And can I say...I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this color combo!!!! :)


(By the way...if you follow my blog at all, this layout might look a bit familiar. I'm not saying something like this has never been done before. But it was something I came up with in my head while making a Halloween card for my Halloween class. Here is the post on that one. It's amazing what you can do with the same layout, just different stamps, accessories, colors. The possibilities...obviously...are ENDLESS! :) )

Stamps: Party Hearty
Ink: Basic Gray, Kiwi Kiss (ok...does anyone else do this?! EVERY time I spell Basic Gray...even just now...I want to spell it "Grey" like in "Grey's Anatomy!!!" Is anyone else this obsessed?! Please tell me so! :) )
Card Stock: Basic Gray (there I go again!), Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Baja Breeze Patterns DSP, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, Basic Gray (I actually typed the "e" that time and had to go erase it!! Any tips on how to stop that?! :) ) taffeta ribbon

3 comments:

Megan said...

Ok, you are too funny about the whole Greys Anatomy thing. :) Yes, I must be obsessed too, because for awhile I was spelling it that way thinking that was how gray was supposed to be spelled. :)

I love the card, I definitly think it looks masculine, and I think the ribbon works, I like it...of course I think cards look funny when the ribbon is missing. :)

Simply Jenn said...

This is too funny, I just bought a bunch of "GRAY" stuff in hopes to be able to go beyond all my girly colors. I love this card and leave that ribbon, it looks great. I just posted a snow swirled card using grays, looks like we are on the same track. (well, You are much more creative than me!) Inspired by you as always!

Unknown said...

If it makes you feel any better, "grey" is the British spelling of "gray". So they are both correct!!

Who Is In A Magnolia Mood!!! For April Artisan Blog Hop!!!

👏 YAY!  It is that time again! Time for a mini Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! This month is all about a ☆ FANTASTIC  ☆  Onl...