Thursday, September 4, 2008

Scrapbook Page?! How about a card instead...

So I started out working on a 6x6 Scrapbook page. I knew I wanted to use my "Always" stamp set with the Sweet Always Designer Series Paper. I HAD to have this paper when I ordered it almost a month ago because they coordinated. But have I done anything with them yet....nope! I'm in a 6x6 swap, so I thought I would start working on ideas. I thought these two things would be fun to make a page with. So...I started out with a 6x6 page in mind. After I had put a few pieces together, it just wasn't coming together how I envisioned. (Does it ever for me, I'm beginning to think not! :) ) Anyway: it just wasn't working so I folded the 6x6 scrapbook page in 1/2 and made a 3x6 card instead. It felt much better actually finishing something, instead of just leaving a 1/2 done page done. :) And of course I had to add some sparkle so the hearts have Dazzling Diamonds on them. Here is the card that I did not intend to make...
Stamps: Always
Ink: Chocolate Chip Classic
Card Stock: Regal Rose, Chocolate Chip, Pink Pirouette
Accessories: Sweet Always DSP, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Scallop Edge Punch, Chocolate Chip 5/8" grosgrain ribbon

6 comments:

Megan said...

This is such a cute card. I love that paper. I'm sure your scrapbook page would have turned out super cute though too. :)

Kristine said...

I absolutely love this card. I am so glad I bought this set again! Love that heart.

Sherri said...

It looks beautiful! All your stuff does!

Conni said...

very nice card :)
C

Angie Tieman said...

Fabulous!! Love this!

Kari said...

Gorgeous card! I love the layout! The hearts are wonderful! And I really love the dp!!!

Technique Tuesday With Custom Striped Accents!

One of my assignments on Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Design Team is to do share some fun techniques.  My first one was shared at the end ...