Sunday, September 14, 2008

Cutie Cupcake...

Sorry for the lack of posting lately. CRAZY BUSY week I just got through! Now I just need to get ready to leave for St. George on Wednesday!!! :) Have to get ,my house ready to leave, cook some meals, do laundry, maybe do a little shopping, and most importantly...start and finish my 135 swaps needed! :) This is going to be a fun 2 days! :) But I'm really excited to see what they have in store for us. I'll share, don't worry!

On to the project. Last week I was trying to come up with something to demonstrate at my workshop. Well...I wanted to do Poppin' Pastels since that is SO FUN to show and do. (For those of you that don't know what that is...you stamp an image in VersaMark...take sponge daubers and daub into the pastel color of your choice, and then bounce that over your image where you want that color. I guess I didn't explain that very well, did I? Oh...I just remembered...there is a tutorial HERE.) Anyway: this is one of those cards that took me forever to come up with...yet it's such a simple card. So now that I know what I'm doing, it would take minutes to duplicate. This is also one of those cards that I FELL IN LOVE WITH when it was done. :) I truly love this card and think it's so cute. Not to toot my own horn...this doesn't happen to me that much. :) But I really love this card. I'm sure I've built it up too much, but here it is...


Stamps: Party HeartyInk: Chocolate Chip
Card Stock: Regal Rose, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Pretty in Pink
Accessories: Pink Pirouette DSP, Regal Rose 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, In Color buttons (forgot the name of them), Scallop Square punch, 1 1/4" Square punch, Linen Thread, Dazzling Diamonds

Ok...so this card incorporates what I just LOVE LOVE! It has GLITTER, PINK, PINK, and MORE PINK, cupcakes (I am loving that these are so popular), buttons, Chocolate Chip (my fave Stampin' Up! color along with their pinks! :) ) and RIBBON! :) So I guess using all these things together would lead to a card I'm in love with. :) Here's a better pick of the glittery cupcakes:
I'm sure you can tell but the cupcakes are what I did the Poppin' Pastels on. I love the shading you get and everything. And I LOVE the Dazzling Diamonds on those cupcakes! Ahhh....it's just too cute! :) Anyway: hope you enjoy!

5 comments:

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Toot Toot! I think its amazing!

Mandy said...

It is so cute I want to eat them!!

Megan said...

This is so fun...I must have this set now! :) Thanks alot! :)

Simply Jenn said...

I love everything about this! So cute, but it looks like everything you make is just my style! Great work

Sherri said...

Oh I love this, especially the scallop square behind your image...it just makes it stand out! Very good girly!

Who Is In A Magnolia Mood!!! For April Artisan Blog Hop!!!

👏 YAY!  It is that time again! Time for a mini Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! This month is all about a ☆ FANTASTIC  ☆  Onl...