Friday, December 1, 2023

Forest-y Color Challenge Fun! for TGIF Challenge #449

Whooo!  It's a new COLOR CHALLENGE this week for TGIF Challenge #449!  Who is ready to play along?!  I maybe made a little tiny change to the colors for my card, but I will show you that after I show my card!

Colors Basic White, Melon Mambo, Granny Apple Green
Inks: Melon Mambo, Granny Apple Green, VersaMark
Cardstock/Papers: Basic White, Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper
Stamps: Joy to You
Tools:  Basics 3D Embossing Folders, Forever Forest Dies, Heat Tool
Accessories: Baker's Twine Essentials Pack, Basics Embossing Powders, Iridescent Rhinestones Basic Jewels 

Can you guess what the colors in the challenge are? Can you guess what I changed? 

Well - here you go with the challenge square!


 With White being on the actual challenge as a main color - that's where I focused for the card.  With pops of Granny Apple Green and ... well - the small change I made.  😂 Instead of doing Real Red, I used Melon Mambo.  I figured it was still in the same family color so it would work, right?  Hee.  And remember - these challenges are to be used as your inspiration.  So use it to take it where it takes you! 

Here are some pics of the details and some info on what I did:

The photo below shows how I did the greeting:

    1.  Emboss the greeting by stamping in VersaMark ink onto Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper.  Then add                White Embossing Powder & heat!  (It will be hard to see on the paper, but it's there!)

    2.  Watercolor over the greeting!  You could just watercolor each individual line.  But I chose to stamp             and emboss the greeting twice.  Then you just color over each of the greetings in your color choice.

    3. Cut the greetings into strips.

    4.  Trim and add the greeting to your card!

I love how this turned out.  It was really fun to do & I love the crisp white with the pop of color.  💗


Then I just layered all my pieces.  I started with an embossed background.  Then I just die-cut a bunch of trees  & one of the mountain pieces from the Forever Forest Dies.  I also colored over all of the mountains & trees using the Wink of Stella Glitter Brush.  (So in real life it is fun and glimmery.)   Then just layered them all together! 


I hope you enjoy this card!  And now is the fun part!  You get to head on over to the TGIF Challenge Blog and play along with us this week! I can't wait to see what you create! 

Thank you so much for visiting!  Please let me know if you have any questions or need help with anything! I would love to help you with your paper crafting needs and would love to help you get any Stampin' Up! supplies you need to get your hands on! 😃

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com

No comments:

It's A Rainbow Surfboard Beach Day!!!

 Love me a Beach Day! And love me some rainbows!  So why not combine them?! 😁 💕  I used the Beach Day Bundle & rainbow colors to creat...