Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Happy Graduation Day!!!

Every Graduate deserves to be celebrated...right?!?!? Well I wanted to share the graduation card I made for this year's graduates that we know. 

I made two versions...both are basically the same except one has pink on it along with the gray and black and one has blue.  Maybe I should of kept with the school colors of where they graduated from...but most school colors aren't so attractive...right?!  :)  So I went with what was more appealing to the eye.  I am sure they see enough of their school colors during graduation time that they will remember what they are.  :)  (Maybe this is just because my high school colors were maroon and gold...or should I say puke yellow...and has traumatized me to this day.  :)  Haha.) 

Anyway...here is the pink version..

I really liked the simplicity of this layout.  Yet there is a lot of detail.  I splattered and embossed and dimensionalized and punched, etc.  :)  But so simple!  And you could EASILY take this layout and do something completely different.  Even use this same stamp set, "Blue Ribbon", and make a different occasion card.  They have a "birthday" center for the ribbon, a "winner", a "best", and a "1".  So anything you need to celebrate...this set would take care of it.  OH...and the color of pink in the new In Color...Strawberry Slush!  Paired with the new gray tone...Smoky Slate...I just LOVE this combo! 

Here are a few more pics...


Hopefully  you can see some of the details! 

Here is the blue version.  Again used a new In Color...Coastal Cabana this time.  Trying to keep things trendy for these young-ins we know that are graduating!  :) 

So same thing except no bling and it's blue.  Another pic...

Hope you enjoy this card! 

Thanks so much for visiting!!!!

No comments:

Back with A Latte Love! TGIF Challenge #465!

Well I have a fun challenge for you this week!  And Stampin' Up! even recently released the perfect suite for this challenge ... availab...