Saturday, August 14, 2010

Dowline Convention Gift...

You know...I'm not even going to apologize for not posting for OVER A WEEK! Because you guys are going to not count it as sincere! :) I have been apologizing for that quite a bit lately! But know that I do feel bad! It's just been a CRAZY summer! This is the first summer that my daughter has become VERY active with friends. And I want to embrace that and be there for her! We've also just had a lot of family stuff going on.

Since I haven't been posting much...I still have stuff from CONVENTION to show you!!!! Geez! :) Today I am going to show you the gift I gave to the gals in my downline that came. I always want to have something for my gals that make the effort to come to convention. I like that gift to somehow incorporate a notebook...because there are SO MANY THINGS to learn at convention we are taking notes all the time!!!!! So this is what I did this year...
It's a little notebook holder with coordinating pen. I had quite a bit of fun making these. :) And I always pictures my gals faces as they receive them as I make them. (I know...I'm cheesy! But it's true! :) ) Here is a close-up of the flower...
I used the Large Scallop Circle and punched out a few. I think "rough" them up a bit by balling them up, smoothing them out, and then repeating. Once the edges of the cardstock kinda start peeling back from each other I carefully pull the layers apart. Then I just layer however many I want on top of each other, added a Baja Breeze circle for the middle, punched a hole through it all and inserted a Rhinestone brad to hold it all together. Then just "fluff" the flower up and you have a beautiful accent piece!
Here you can see the folder opened up. It's just closed with velcro. I don't remember the exact measurements for this...but it's easy to figure out. I just measured the Jumbo Eyelets that I was going to put the ribbon handle through fit in that top part. Then just make your flap for the front as long as you want it. You could do it shorter or longer...whatever YOU want! :) Here is a close-up of the notebook...
I just cut down a Jr. Size Legal pad to where I wanted it. Then I covered the top with some Designer Series Paper and added a decorative element. I obviously wanted them to be able to still rip out the top sheets and still have that accent....so it's just adhered with dimensionals to the top of the legal pad. Easy peasy! Oh...and I used those FABULOUS sticky rhinestones to decorate the flourish a bit! I LOVE those things and SO HAPPY Stampin' Up! sells them!!!! And I LOVE how a bit of sponging just makes the colors POP more!!!! Here is a close-up...
Oh...and the color combo is Early Espresso, Baja Breeze, Pear Pizazz. The Designer Series Paper also has Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie in it. It's the Greenhouse Gala Designer Series Paper.
Thanks for visiting! (If anyone still does! :) Hehe) Hope you enjoy!!!! Oh....and can I get a SHOUT OUT for the NEW Large Scallop Punch that fits the 1 3/4" Circle punch that I used here?! I can NOT stop using those two?!?! I'm SO HAPPY!!!!!!! :)

3 comments:

Jill said...

this is my favorite thing ever...it's so dang cute. i have to copy it. you are amazing!!

Bobby Sue said...

Love the flower idea! So cute! Might be trying that one soon. :)

Pam said...

Stop apologizing! Your life is more than full so just enjoy without the guilt! love this project. Where are you getting your legal pads cut down? Even our big printing store wasn't able to do it. Oh, they could "made-to-order" any size; but also charge a chunk of $$. Love, love, love this....soooooo dog-gone cute!!

Back with A Latte Love! TGIF Challenge #465!

Well I have a fun challenge for you this week!  And Stampin' Up! even recently released the perfect suite for this challenge ... availab...