Tuesday, October 30, 2018

EEK!!! Halloween Decor!!!

Just stopping by quickly to share a fun Halloween project I made for my fireplace mantle.  I didn't want to even decorate this year...life has been so busy and I just didn't really care.  (Anyone else ever feel that way?!)  However...my kids kept asking when we would decorate.  After a few times of them asking... I decided that I could go through my decor and get rid of stuff I didn't want anymore while I was in the process of deorating.  😀  (We have been trying to clear out and just get rid of extra stuff we don't need to have around.) That was a win-win...so Halloween decor happened!  Hee.  However...when I went to do my mantle...I had an idea for something that I wanted to put up.  I just didn't own it.  SOOOOOO...to my craft room!!  Want to see what I made?! ...

(Thanks to my cutie daughter for helping the photo process!  💗) 

Colors:  Whisper White, Lemon Lime Twist, Gorgeous Grape, Basic Black
Cardstock/Papers:  Whisper White, 2017-2019 In Color 12" x 12" Cardstock, Basic Black, Gorgeous Grape, Shimmery White, Animal Expedition Designer Series Paper
Stamps: NONE!
Tools: Big Shot, 2 1/4" Circle Punch, Large Letters Framelits, Stitched Seasons Framelits (retired)
Accessories:  NONE!
 
What do you think?!  I kinda am in love.  I LOVE the clean, bright colored, lots of white space look.  It pretty much makes my heart happy.  The background is just a piece of Lemon Lime Twist cardstock (12"x12").  Then I punched out some circles from Lemon Lime Twist Designer Series Paper (from the Animal Expedition paper) and just added them to the background...


Now let's chat for a minute.  One of my MOST USED ITEMS EVER have been these Large Letter Framelits.  They. Are. Fantastic.  I call them out a little, because they are a pricey item.  However...WELL worth it!!  Please let me know if you have any questions about them! 

What do you think of the frame?!  This was so quick and easy to whip up.  And it got to be just what I wanted it to be, in the colors I wanted it to be.  Do you ever reach for your papercrafting supplies when decorating?!  I do ALLLLLLLLL the time.  Here is the fun frame up on my mantle...


I obviously don't do "spooky" decor for Halloween.  My kids have never loved it, and I scare super easy.  😂  So still festive...just not so spooky.  And as you can see...love the white look in my home decor also. 


I would love to see how you decorate your home!!!  Thanks so much for visiting!  Please let me know if you have any questions!

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com

No comments:

A Little Birthday Love ...

I am a big fan of wrapping a birthday gift in a fun & special way.  However ... I will preface it by saying it is NEVER a necessity.  😁...