Thursday, February 13, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day! Classroom Style!

I LOVE Valentine's Day!  Pink everywhere...does it get any better?!  :)  Glitter is more than appropriate for any decoration/project...it DEFINITELY doesn't get any better!  Reasons to stamp and make fun treats for loved ones...ummm, yeah...am I selling you on this holiday yet?!  :)  A celebration of LOVE...yeah...this holiday rocks! :)

I have to share with you the fun box I made for my daughter to collect her Valentine's in.  Before I tell you all about it though, let me show you the box...

Are you IN LOVE?!  :)  I saw this idea on Pinterest and just made a few changes to make it our own. The box is a cereal box I just cut the top from.  (So it's just an open hole at top.  You can seal the box and cut around 3 sides of the box to make it open and close but I didn't want a seam in the box.)  I used the new Starburst Framelits and circle punches for the eyes.  The nose is the heart punch.  The wings are just cut freehand, then embossed with the new Sale-A-Bration dots embossing folder.  The scallops for his belly are done with the Tasteful Trim Big Shot die.  Then if you can see her glittery feet...they are made with the heart framelits and Glimmer Paper!  SO MUCH FUN!  I love that bow in her hair also.  My daughter was BEYOND thrilled when I gave this to her.  Ideally...I wanted her to make it with me.  But we are completely out of time (she's a busy girl!) so I just had to whip it out.  And next time we start earlier and work together on it! :)

I hope you have a great Valentine's Day!

Thanks so much for visiting!  As always...contact me at designwithink@gmail.com with any questions!

No comments:

Who Is In A Magnolia Mood!!! For April Artisan Blog Hop!!!

👏 YAY!  It is that time again! Time for a mini Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! This month is all about a ☆ FANTASTIC  ☆  Onl...