Friday, June 25, 2010

Awesome Money Holder...

I can't believe it's been so long since I have posted. I also can't even believe it's FRIDAY! This week has FLOWN by!!!! Seriously....if you told me it was only Tuesday today I would believe you. Crazy. ANYWAY...it's graduation time/summer birthday party time/etc/etc...so maybe you have to give someone money for a gift. If you do...why not give it to them in a cute money holder? I made this one and it was so fun and easy. Here it is...
I used the "Good Friend" stamp set (I AM GOING TO MISS THIS ONE!!! BOO-HOO!!!!) for the focal images. Then I used the "FYI" stamp set for the sentiment. These folders are SO EASY to make. I just cut a piece of Basic Gray textured cardstock to 7x9 inches. Then I put the 9" side at the top of my scorer and scored at 2 3/4" and 6 1/2". Then decorate!!!! Here are some close-up's...
After I made the whole thing, I spritzed it all with Shimmer Spray. Hopefully you can tell in the pics...but I realize you may not be able to. Trust me when I say it is subtly shimmery. I love that! :)
The color combo I used was Perfect Plum, Basic Gray, Wild Wasabi (MAKING IT'S RETURN ON JULY 1st!!!!), and Whisper White.
Then I just used some velcro to keep it closed and put the money in. I am planning on making some more of these. Once I figured out what I was doing...it was fairly quick to make. Oh...and I did use Sticky Strip on the sides to keep it all closed.
Thanks for visiting! Hope you enjoy!!!

1 comment:

AZOWEN said...

Thanks for the tutorial, I was looking for a money holder in a hurry and with this design I was done in less than an hour

Back with A Latte Love! TGIF Challenge #465!

Well I have a fun challenge for you this week!  And Stampin' Up! even recently released the perfect suite for this challenge ... availab...