Friday, June 4, 2010

Artisan Award Entry #8

Here is my 3rd and last scrapbook page entry for the Artisan Award. You could make either an 8x8 page, a 8.5x11 page, or 12x12 pages. I kept all mine 12x12. I LOVE this page! (Maybe because I just LOVE the pictures so much as well! :) ) But here you go...
There are quite a bit of details on this page. The large circle has paper piercing all around it. Those flowers took quite awhile with their detail (up-close pictures of those below), the title is all Crystal Effect-y and 3-D. The whole background page is sprayed with Shimmer Spray I made from the shimmer paints, etc. Here is the title...
Seriously...looks SO GOOD in real life! Glossy, 3-D, and just FUN! :) Then the "with all my" banner is made with the "With All My Heart" stamp set. Then there is a Chocolate Chip Corduroy button with the Melon Mambo ribbon inside. (Those Corduroy buttons are on the retiring list and ON SALE!!! Get them while you can! They are the BEST!!!! I am going to miss them like CRAZY!!!!) The background is stamped with the "I {heart} hearts" stamp set and then again...spritzed with shimmer spray. Sparkles so nicely in real life! :)
Here is a close-up of the flowers...

I used the Extra Large Fancy Flower punch for most of it (stamped with the stamp from "With All My Heart" first) and then the Pretty in Pink center is done with the 5-petal flower punch. I just adhered all the petals to the middle of the flower to make that and then put a Chocolate Chip brad in the middle. I used my bone folder to curl the petals, and also split them to give them some more dimension. I sponged everything as well. Here's a side view...
SO MUCH FUN! I LOVE LOVE LOVE these flowers! I WILL be making more like this for sure! :)
The journaling was fun. I just wrote it out and cut into strips...
Sponged the edges as well and then just altered them as I stuck them down with dimensionals. Oh...you can kinda see the paper piercing on the circle from here as well.
I hope you have ENJOYED seeing my scrapbook pages! I had SO MUCH FUN scrapbooking! I REALLY am going to do more of this!!!! :) Thanks so much for visiting! And over the next 2 days....I'll share my LAST 2 projects!!!! AHHHHH!!!!!

5 comments:

Bobby Sue said...

I think this is my favorite.

Pam said...

Stole my heart away and gave me the "warm fuzzies". Love those flowers..
just can't make them myself! SOOOOOO
cute!!! SOOOOOO stinkin' cute!!!!!

Unknown said...

Great job. I love all the details!

Sherri said...

Ahhhh...I heart this page! Love the flowers! You do beautiful work Ash!

TrishG said...

Really cute! Very visually appealing! Great layout and colors.

Back with A Latte Love! TGIF Challenge #465!

Well I have a fun challenge for you this week!  And Stampin' Up! even recently released the perfect suite for this challenge ... availab...