Thursday, June 3, 2010

Artisan Award Entry #7

I have been having fun showing you all the projects I entered into the Artisan Award...and thank you SO MUCH for your comments and emails! Seriously....THANKS! It's starting to ease the pain of not earning the award. :) I am showing you another one of my cards today. After this one...I only have ONE more card to show you. And then ONE more scrapbook page. And then ONE more 3-D item. So just a few more projects to go! But here is this card for today...
Now...I realize you can't tell yet from this picture...but the top from this card is all glossy and shiny. That's because I have a window sheet over the whole thing. The "{friend to friend}" accent piece is on top of the window sheet, as well as the More Mustard floral piece. Here is a close up...
I used the "Paradise" stamp set. I LOVE this one!!!! And the colors I used are Dusty Durango, More Mustard, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, and a TITCH of Not Quite Navy. I stamped the Whisper White piece with all the images, and then I spritzed the whole thing with the Color Spritzer tool and a Not Quite Navy marker. (I LOVE that thing!!!) I also sponged the edges with Old Olive ink. Here is a close-up that you can see the window sheet better...
And then here are all the layers...
It really looks so fun in real life. Oh....and to adhere the window sheet to the card...I just did a strip of adhesive right under where I put the ribbon. So that's how it's attached.
Thanks SO MUCH for visiting and I really hope you enjoy!!!

2 comments:

Bobby Sue said...

Wow! I really love the layers on this one! You come up with the coolest things!

Kasia said...

I LOVE this card, seriously, love it tons. you are amazing! So is the window sheet on the back too or just the front?

Back with A Latte Love! TGIF Challenge #465!

Well I have a fun challenge for you this week!  And Stampin' Up! even recently released the perfect suite for this challenge ... availab...