Saturday, June 5, 2010

Artisan Award Entry #9

Here is my final card that submitted. Now...part of the reason I wanted to go for Artisan Award was because I wanted to stretch myself. I wanted to submit a variety of style and different ideas/techniques, etc. Well....I don't really ever stamp "vintage-y." I love how it looks...it's just not really my style. I wanted to try something for Artisan though that had a bit of a vintage feel. So here is what I did...
I have to be honest and say that I LOVE THIS CARD! I actually really wanted to put this under my pillow and cuddle with it or something at night. :) I know...I'm a dork. But sometimes...you just REALLY fall in love with something you have made...right?!?! :) And this is one of those things! I love all the details and just love everything about it. I started with Rich Razzleberry as the card base and then I stamped the "Medallion" stamp on the background of that so you would see it when I put the Vanilla piece over it. Then I stamped the Vanilla piece, and distressed the edges. Also curled up the corners using my bone folder and then just sponged away. I spritzed it with the Color Spritzer tool and a Chocolate Chip marker as well.

Here is a close-up of the focal point...
I cut out the scallop from the Pennant Banner die and the Big Shot. Then stamped the "friends" stamp once in Rich Razzleberry and punched it out with the 1 3/4" circle. Distressed that and then sponged and spritzed. Then I stamped the same stamp again on another Vanilla piece in Old Olive. Cut out the "F" and then sponged/spritzed that. Layered on the circle with dimensionals. Then I put that whole piece on the card with dimensionals.
Another close-up...
I did the same ribbon technique on this card as I did on the scrapbook page I already showed you. (Although I had made this card before that scrapbook page.) But I added a half-back pearl to the end of the ribbon.
And one more close-up...
Just the other side of the card with the greeting.
Ok...I only have ONE MORE project to show you and then you will have seen ALL of my Artisan projects! I'm kinda sad this is almost over! I had so much fun making these and I've had lots of fun showing them. I hope you enjoyed this project! (And all of them!!! :) ) Thanks for visiting!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

SO SO BEAUTIFUL! Love this card!

Angie Tieman said...

Oooh, what a beautiful card!

Kim Burmeister said...

Oh, My! This card is gorgeous! I love that ribbon technique. This is stunning!

*Jane Lee* said...

Ashley, this card is GORGEOUS!

Sherri said...

geez I have not been on your blog for a bit! I love the ribbon on this! Your projects are gorgeous!

Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Fun Box!

 How's it been going, being on Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Design Team, you ask?  👏 😍 🙌  Well - when you are sent boxes like this ...