Thursday, February 10, 2022

"Daubing" With Blessings of Home!

 Do you like coloring on your papercrafting projects?!  Is that soothing & relaxing to you or just time-consuming & annoying?!  Personally...I LOVE coloring.  It is totally calming for me.  BUT...sometimes I am in a hurry or need to make a bunch of the same card or whatever else that just doesn't make it feasible to do any detail coloring.  But I still want to add a pop of color.  Welcome to SPONGE DAUBERS!  I love these things!  (Picture of them at bottom for reference.) I used them to add some color to this image that was stamped with the Blessing of Home Stamp Set.  It is quick, easy, & CUTE!  


Colors Soft Sea Foam, Petal Pink, Soft Suede, Whisper White
Inks: Soft Sea Foam, Petal Pink, Soft Suede, Memento Black
Cardstock/Papers: Soft Sea Foam, Petal Pink, Whisper White
Stamps: Blessing of Home
Tools: Sponge Daubers, Water Painter (for splatter)
Accessories: Linen Thread, Artistry Blooms Adhesive-Backed Sequins

See how easy!  Stamp your image, daub your dauber into your ink choice, "daub" onto the image where you want that color, 

***TIP: I "daub" off on scratch paper first to avoid getting a super heavy concentration of color on my first daub on my image

and then rub in circles around image to get a little variation of color.  The point of this is to NOT have it look perfect & clean!  You WILL go out of the lines, and I LOVE that part.  It is artistic...not perfect.  😁 I also added some splatter and distressing to add some texture and detail to this fairly simple card.  

Check out the details!





I really love this card!  It is very pretty & feminine to me...without a ton of "fluff."  And, as promised, here is what the sponge daubers are...for reference!


So what do you think?!  Want to try this technique!  I hope so!  Go give it a whirl and let me know how it goes!  Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks so much for visiting!  Let me know if I can help you with any of your papercrafting needs!  I would love to help!  
Contact: designwithink@gmail.com


1 comment:

Paper Potter said...

This card is 100% up my alley. I like making and sending lots of cards, and this makes it possible for me to knock out 12 pieces of happy mail this weekend!

Technique Tuesday With Custom Striped Accents!

One of my assignments on Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Design Team is to do share some fun techniques.  My first one was shared at the end ...