Friday, September 13, 2019

Seeing Stars for TGIF Challenge 229!!

Have I mentioned that I LOVE the So Many Stars Bundle in Stampin' Up!'s NEW Holiday Catalog?  Well...in case you haven't seen that...I do!  I love that bundle very much.  This week's TGIF Challenge is a FUN sketch!  I love a good sketch!  Makes creating something super easy.  😀  And I knew I wanted to play with the stars more...so I did!


Colors: Whisper White, Pacific Point, Pineapple Punch
Ink Pads: Pacific Point, StazOn Black, Pineapple Punch, Silvery Shimmer Ink Refill
Cardstock/Papers Thick Whisper White, Pacific Point, Pineapple Punch, Brights 6"x 6" Designer Series Paper
Stamps: So Many Stars, Country Home
Tools: Stitched Stars Dies, Stitched Nested Labels Dies, Detailed Trio Punch
Accessories: Woven Threads Sequin Assortment, Whisper White Baker's Twine

Here is the sketch challenge for the week!


I wanted to make a more masculine card this time.  It may have a bow and sequins on there, but I still think it works! Just look at this fun star background...


What I did was die-cut some of the stars first, and then just stamped over the stars with one of the stamps from the So Many Stars Stamp Set.  I stamped in the same color ink as the cardstock--Pacific Point.   Then just adhered it to the same color of Designer Series Paper!

This greeting is from a totally different stamp set, but I LOVE this greeting.  😍



Just a small note:  that splatter is done with the new Delicata Metallic Ink Refill--in Silvery Shimmer--and an Aqua Painter.  My favorite way to splatter!  You just get a little ink on the brush of the Aqua Painter and then flick it in the lid over your project.  Love it!

Also...the sketch has all 4 corners rounded on the background layer, but I just rounded the one corner.  I kinda love that look.  What do you think...should I have rounded all of them?!  



Thank you so much for visiting!  I hope you enjoy!  Please let me know if you have any questions!  Here is one last look at the card:


Now it is your turn to play along!  Head on over to the TGIF Challenge Blog to play!  Can't wait to see what you make!

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com

No comments:

Technique Tuesday With Custom Striped Accents!

One of my assignments on Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Design Team is to do share some fun techniques.  My first one was shared at the end ...