Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Instagram Tip With Layered Backgrounds!

My heart skipped a beat again today!!


***I HAVE ANOTHER TIP UP ON STAMPIN' UP!'S INSTAGRAM PAGE!!!***  It seriously makes my heart flutter when I open up Instagram and see that Stampin' Up! has tagged me.  Stampin' Up! has added SOOOOOO much to my life.  The fact that I can give back in such a small way is such a dream for me.  I love it!  So follow me on Instagram or Facebook (@designwithink or Design With Ink) or just follow along here! 

I used Pigment Sprinkles and Embossing Paste for this layered background.  But the possibilities are endless!! (Embossing folders, watercoloring, Designer Series Paper, stamping, punches, framelits, etc, etc!!!)   I truly 💕 LOVE LOVE LOVE 💕 the Pigment Sprinkles though!  And the Embossing Paste!


Colors: Melon Mambo, Mango Melody, Bermuda Bay, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink Pads: Pigment Sprinkles: Mango Melody, Melon Mambo, VersaMark
Cardstock/Papers Thick Whisper White, Basic Black, Bermuda Bay, Basic Black, Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper
Stamps: Broadway Birthday
Tools: Stitched Rectangle Dies, Broadway Lights Dies, Pattern Party Decorative Masks, Palette Knives, Heat Tool, Decorative Ribbon Border Punch
Accessories: Whisper White Embossing Powder, Whisper White Baker's Twine, Shimmery White Embossing Paste, Woven Threads Sequin Assortment

The steps I took here were to first just spritz a piece of Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper to get it nice and wet.  Then just tap some of the Melon Mambo Pigments Sprinkles onto the wet paper.  (*Note:  a little big goes a long way here!  So just open up the bottle, and tap the container over your project lightly so just a little comes out.) 


And some Mango Melody sprinkles next:


Spritz the paper a little more to get the colors to blend a bit and then either set aside to dry or dry it with the Heat Tool.


Once it is dry, use a Decorative Mask to add some Embossing Paste to the paper:


Lift up the mask and then let the paste dry:


Seriously there are so many options and I just love how gorgeous it looks!  And those Pigment Sprinkles are SO. MUCH. FUN!!!!  I'm in love!  😍😍😍

Here are a few more pics of the details of the finished card:



And one last look at the full card:


Hope you enjoy!  Let me know if you have any questions!

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com

No comments:

Technique Tuesday With Custom Striped Accents!

One of my assignments on Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Design Team is to do share some fun techniques.  My first one was shared at the end ...