Friday, May 18, 2012

It's the Weekend...Eat Cake!

Sorry I haven't posted this week.  I definitely HAVE been stamping this week!  But...stamping stuff I can't show just yet.  :)  Sorry!  And we are getting ready to go on a family vacation to the Caribbean next week...so SUPER busy!  (Why are there always SO MANY things going on right before you leave?!  We actually leave tomorrow way early in the morning...so wish me luck! :) )  So....I will be quiet next week as well. (I may have a surprise post or two. :) )  But then I will be back the next week excited to share new things with you!  (It will be the last week to order out of the current catalog and then June 1st the NEW CATALOG STARTS!!!  If you need a copy of the new catalog...let me know and I can get one sent to you!) 

Something FUN will be happening while I am gone though.  What is that?! you might ask.  Well....I will tell you...I am participating in my FIRST EVER Blog Hop!!!  Whoooo hoooo!  What fun, right?!  :)

I know I am excited!  It will be great fun.  The designers are all wonderful and all you have to do is click through the links to see the amazing projects!  There will also be PDF instructions available for the projects you will be seeing on the Blog Hop!!!  And they will all be FREE!!!!  What fun!!!  So I hope you will stop by for that.  It's May 23rd-25th.

On to today's post!  It's another 12x12 layout titled "Eat Cake". While we are gone we will be celebrating my daughter's 6th birthday and my anniversary!!! So thought an "Eat Cake" post would be appropriate.  :)  Here is the double page layout...
How fun is this one?!  Can you spot the items that are retiring?!  How about those ALPHABET dies?!!??!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE both of these!  These are the Timeless Type alphabet and Serif Essentials (the big letters).  And this paper is retiring as well.  :(  This is a fun pack...called Just Add Cake.  The colors I used for the page are all the coordinating colors for the paper.  Here is Page One...
And a close-up...
Those letters are embossed with the Polka Dot embossing folder so they really pop.  I LOVE that Tasteful Trim die ric rac on the side!  What fun...right?!  :)  Here is Page Two...
And some close-up's...

Love the glitter on the cupcake?!  And that pleated ribbon down the side?!  Hope you enjoy those details!

I copied this layout from a group blog that you have access to when you become a demo on my team!  It's filled with ideas!  My friend that made this layout originally made this as a baby page...and with some changes it's now my "Eat Cake" page.  Love how easy it is to change things up and make it our own!

Hope you enjoy!  Thanks so much for visiting!

No comments:

Who Is In A Magnolia Mood!!! For April Artisan Blog Hop!!!

👏 YAY!  It is that time again! Time for a mini Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! This month is all about a ☆ FANTASTIC  ☆  Onl...