Saturday, May 12, 2012

May Club Project...

Need to share the other club project for the month!  We made a 3x3 card holder...




From the top it looks like this...
 It opens up and you see this...

If you pull out the 3x3 cards and envelopes you see this...
I really love this project and it uses a technique I haven't done in awhile..."Poppin' Pastels."  This was SO much fun!  All the images were stamped in VersaMark ink and then you use sponge daubers to just dab the color where you want it!  It's a great way to do multi colored images.  Sad news though...the pastels are on the retiring accessories list!  Get them before they are gone!  

Also...here's another little tip for you.  I sponged all the edges of these cards.  Here is what my sponges look like...
HOW FUN is this?!!  I use the Round Tab punch (It's RETIRING!!! EEEEEKKKKK!!!  Get this one before it's gone!  It's a MUST HAVE for any paper crafter!!!) to punch out a round tab in the cardstock color of the ink the sponge will be dabbed on.  Then I take a sponge...cut it into 8 wedges...and staple the round tab onto the sponge.  That what I always know what color of ink the sponge is!  LOVE this tip!  I saw it at a Regional Stampin' Up! event a few years back.  A-MA-ZING if I do say so myself!  :)  

Hope you enjoy this project and tip!  Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

Pam said...

FABULOUS idea, Ashley. Here I've been using wood clothespins with the color written on them! What a great, simple stroke of genius, as usual!!

Technique Tuesday With Custom Striped Accents!

One of my assignments on Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Design Team is to do share some fun techniques.  My first one was shared at the end ...