Saturday, February 10, 2024

It's A Beautiful Perennial Lavender Artisan Hop!

Hello there!  Today I am SO SO EXCITED to share what I made for my monthly Stampin' Up! Artisan projects!  A few fellow Artisan's & I were assigned the Perennial Lavender Suite from Stampin' Up! to create projects with.  And we are HOPPING today over on Instagram & Facebook!  So after you get the details here, go check my post out there so you can see all the other fabulous projects some of the other Artisans have made! (@designwithink on IG & Design With Ink on FB) 

I have to admit, I had even more fun that I thought I would have making these!  I am not a huge purple person, and this suite is heavy in purple.  But my youngest daughter LOVES purple, so it was really fun to embrace that color a bit.  Stampin' Up! offers so many fun purple shades, and a lot of them are in this suite.  So ready to see the two cards I made?!  Stay tuned to see a few tips I share also on making them!

So...not sure if I am allowed to say this about my own creations, but I am in love.  😍  These came out even better than I thought they would, and I want to even make more of them! Hee.  Let me highlight them individually just a bit below.  

Can you guess which card is my favorite?  Well...I will tell you.  It is the butterfly background one!  

Colors Lost Lagoon, Fresh Freesia, Basic White
Inks: Lost Lagoon, Fresh Freesia, Shaded Spruce
Cardstock/Papers: Basic White
Stamps: Perennial Postage, Painted Lavender
Tools:  Blending Brush, Perennial Postage Dies, Painted Lavender Dies, Timeworn Type Embossing Folder
Accessories: Linen Thread, Paper Butterfly Accents, Purple Fine Shimmer Gems

I just love how the background turned out.  I love the pop of purple with the flowers.  I love the sentiment.  I just really love it all.  Hee.  💕  Let me share a bit more with you on how I made the background.  

🦋  VERY lightly adhere different Paper Butterfly Accents to a piece of Basic White cardstock.  These will act like a mask on the cardstock.

🦋  Use a Blending Brush to carefully blend Lost Lagoon ink over each of the butterfly.  I would move the Blending Brush carefully, and just focus on one butterfly at a time.  Repeat until all butterflies have ink around them.  I wanted variation in color, so I would just blend more ink onto some parts than others.  

🦋  Carefully remove each Butterfly Accent.  They will be colored with ink at this point, but keep them for another project! 

🦋  Run the cardstock through an embossing folder of your choosing for added texture.  

See photos below to help visualize it:



Let me know if you have any questions on this!  Would love to help!

Now here are a few more pics of the details:



Like seriously, how beautiful is this card?!  😊

Now this next one was actually the first one I made out of these two cards.  And I didn't think I could top it.  Haha.  I really loved the blended ink, the stamped black image over the blended background, the pop of white postage, etc.  I think it turned out quite beautiful:

Colors Fresh Freesia, Gorgeous Grape, Highland Heather, Starry Sky, Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Basic White
Inks: LFresh Freesia, Gorgeous Grape, Highland Heather, Starry Sky, Tuxedo Black, VersaMark
Cardstock/Papers: Basic White, Basic Black, Perennial Lavender DSP
Stamps: Perennial Postage, Painted Lavender
Tools:  Blending Brush, Perennial Postage Dies, Heat Tool
Accessories: Linen Thread, Purple Fine Shimmer Gems, Basics Embossing Powder

The background I just used a bunch of different purple inks & a blending brush to blend, blend, blend that ink.  Adding different spots around the cardstock.  So yes, that piece started out just a Basic White cardstock piece.  Haha.  Definitely has new life now!  Hee.  When it was all inked up, I took a Water Painter and just flicked the end in the cap, over the paper, and let water droplets splatter onto the cardstock.  Then took a paper towel & pounced it onto the drops.  And voila!  That is the result!  I love doing this! 

Check out some details up close in the photo below of this card: 



Once again - I had so much fun making these cards!  I would love to help you with any of your papercrafting needs!  I also would love to help you get your hands on any Stampin' Up! supplies you need!  Please let me know if you have any questions or need help with anything! 

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com

No comments:

Hot Air Balloon Swap Fun!

Back in March, I went to Stampin' Up!'s On Stage (a convention) event in Houston, TX.  I forgot to share the swap card I made to sw...