Friday, August 12, 2022

Hippest Hippos In Love With TGIF Challenge 381!

Quick post today sharing the latest TGIF Challenge!  It is one of my favorite kinds of challenges...a SKETCH Challenge!  This is such a great way to get the creative juices flowing.  And you can stick to it exact or make some changes.  Here is the card I made...then I will show you the sketch! 

Colors Polished Pink, Coastal Cabana, Gray Granite, Basic Black, Basic White
Inks:  Coastal Cabana, Memento Black, Versamark, BLENDS: Gray Granite, Polished Pink, Parakeet Party, Melon Mambo
Cardstock/Papers: Basic Black, Basic White, 2021-2023 In Color 6"x6" Designer Series Paper
Stamps: Hippest Hippos
Tools:  Hippo Dies, Beautiful Shapes Dies, Painted Texture Embossing Folder, Heat Tool, Blending Brush
Accessories: Basics Embossing Powders, Adhesive-Backed Sequins & Gems

Don't you LOVE these cute Hippos from the Sale-A-Bration brochure?!  They were pretty fun to craft with, if I do say so myself.  Haha.  

And here is the card sketch for the week!  

So you can see...I followed the sketch, but made a few tweaks.  I moved the banner piece up under the focal point, used a hexagon instead of a circle and changed the size of the front cardstock piece.  


The hexagon I cut out from the Beautiful Shapes Dies and used a Blending Brush to add some Coastal Cabana color.  I colored the hippos with Blends...can I just say how much I LOVE these markers?!  They color so beautifully!  I didn't do any blending of the colors...just used the two different shades to color them in.  😍


There is the cutest die set that you can also get from the Sale-A-Bration brochure that coordinates with the Hippest Hippos Stamp Set.  Has some super cute and fun elements.  And this flower was part of it!  I just cut some out and added them to the background with sequins on top.

This was such a fun & cheery card to do!  I hope you enjoy it too!  Now head on over to the TGIF Challenge Blog & play along with us this week!  Can't wait to see what you make!

Thank you so much for visiting!  Please let me know if you have any questions or need help getting your hands on these products or any other Stampin' Up! products...just let me know!

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com

No comments:

Technique Tuesday With Custom Striped Accents!

One of my assignments on Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Design Team is to do share some fun techniques.  My first one was shared at the end ...