Friday, May 6, 2022

Sweet Songbirds Colors...TGIF Challenge 367!!!

COLOR CHALLENGE DAY! for TGIF Challenge 367!!  Yay!  So quick and easy!  Check out my card below to see what I made with the colors, then head to the TGIF Challenge Blog to see the cards submitted by the rest of the TGIF Design Team!  Then...play along and post your project over on the TGIF Challenge Blog!  Can't wait to see what you make!

Colors Fresh Freesia, Pale Papaya, Soft Succulent, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede
Inks: Fresh Freesia, Pale Papaya, Soft Succulent, Soft Suede, Basic Gray, VersaMark
Cardstock/Papers:  Basic White, Crumb Cake, Pale Papaya
Stamps: Sweet Songbirds
Tools: Songbird Builder Punch, Forever Flourishing Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Heat Tool, Merry Melody 3D Embossing Folder, Blending Brushes
Accessories: Basics Embossing Powder, 2021-2023 In Color Opal Rounds, Baker's Twine Essentials Pack

This is why I love color challenges!  I would never have thought to use these colors today and I don't use any of these colors on a regular basis.  But it was so much fun to "branch" out!  (Get it...bird card, branch?!  Haha. 😂)  Here are the colors to use!

And here are some more on the details of the card.  I did a bit of "generational" stamping.  Thats where you stamp multiple times, without re-inking.  It gives you different tones of the same color and can add a lot of depth.  I used it on the musical notes, nest, and leaves...



I also used a Blending Brush on the background (started with Basic White cardstock) with Pale Papaya ink.  I wanted that color, but wanted the cardstock elements I added behind the focal piece to subtly pop.  So...same tone, just a lighter color because I blended ink.  Can also get a bit of an ombre by doing this. 

All in all...I had a lot of fun making this card and using these colors!  What are you going to make?! I can't wait to see!  Head on over to the TGIF Challenge Blog now to check out the rest!  And let me know if you have any questions!  Would love to help you with your papercrafting needs...including helping getting your hands on these fabulous Stampin' Up! products! 

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com

No comments:

Who Is In A Magnolia Mood!!! For April Artisan Blog Hop!!!

👏 YAY!  It is that time again! Time for a mini Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! This month is all about a ☆ FANTASTIC  ☆  Onl...