Wednesday, April 27, 2022

CASE'ing With Some Kite Delight ... April's Stampin' Fancy Friday!

 I LOVE LOVE LOVE April's Challenge for Stampin' Fancy Friday.  I LOVE being on this design team, filled with fabulous designers.  And this month...we get to CASE (Copy And Share Everything or Copy And Selectively Edit) a fellow designer!  I am so excited to share my card with you, and then share the card that I CASE'd!!!

Also...I LOVE the Kite Delight Stamp Set in the January - June Mini Catalog!  It is SOOOO cute!  So...on to the card!!!

Colors Flirty Flamingo, Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green
Inks: Coastal Cabana, Memento Black, VersaMark  BLENDS: Flirty Flamingo, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Pool Party, Granny Apple Green, Petal Pink
Cardstock/Papers:  Basic White, Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper
Stamps: Kite Delight
Tools: Playful Alphabet Dies, Heat Tool, Blending Brushes
Accessories: Basics Embossing Powder, Metallics Embossing Powder, Iridescent Rhinestones Basic Jewels, Baker's Twine Essentials Pack

I TOLD YOU!!!!  THOSE KITES ARE SOOOO CUTE!!!  The designer I CASE'd is Jenn Picard at A New Ink on Life! It was TOUGH picking someone from the Stampin' Fancy Friday Design Team to CASE...I wanted to CASE everyone! 😀 But ultimately I settled on the fabulous Jenn because I loved this card from her!  I love her use of layers, textures, & subtle...yet still bright...colors!  I swapped out the florals for kites just to show how versatile this layout is!  Isn't her card just gorgeous?!

I love it!  And here are a few more pics of the details of my kite card so you can compare!


Want to know about some of the details on this card?!  Well...Blends markers are the star of the show.  I used them to add some ombre color on the bottom of the letters as well as add color to the kites!


I'm just a little bit in love. 😍  I loved how Jenn layered her color in her original card, so I wanted to make sure I had a background to my focal point.  She made hers with the blue flowers in the background, I made mine by using a Blending Brush to add a touch of color behind the kites.  I think stamped some clouds over the blended color. I also added the black splatter like she did.  


*** TIME SAVER TIP!! *** When you have multiple images to stamp that you are cutting out (either with scissors or dies), that will all be stamped in the same ink color, it is super easy to just mount them all on the same block and stamp at once!  Here you can see what I did with the kites.  (Although I forgot to take the picture when I had the string with bows on it.  Ooops.)   I put them all on the big block, stamped in VersaMark, and then embossed them all with gold at the same time. 


I hope you enjoy this card and Jenn's original.  Make sure you are following along with the Stampin' Fancy Friday Design Team to see all the card that have been CASE'd for this month!!!  Stampin' Fancy Friday on Facebook and @stampinfancyfriday on Instagram!

Thank you so much for visiting!  *** PURCHASING NOTE *** This Kite Delight Stamp Set is only available until the end of June!  So get it while you can!  Please let me know what questions you have and how I can help!

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com

No comments:

Who Is In A Magnolia Mood!!! For April Artisan Blog Hop!!!

👏 YAY!  It is that time again! Time for a mini Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! This month is all about a ☆ FANTASTIC  ☆  Onl...