Friday, September 4, 2020

Snow Globe Goes Home...Day 5:

It is Day 5 of the #30dayChristmasCardMakingChallenge!  Are you following along?  Participating?  Want to give Martin a SHOUT OUT for putting this together?  🙌 Yeah...me too!!!  It is so much fun, and totally is giving me the motivation I need to get crafting!  (And if I can get motivation for a WINTER challenge...anyone can!  😊  Hee.  I hate winter.  Haha.)  This Day 5 challenge was a bit tough for me.  And have to be honest...this card took far longer to make than I care to admit.  Haha.  And I don't really love it.  But...you win some, and lose some, right?!  😏   It still has some fun details to it, and I like the colors a whole lot:

SUPPLIES:  (all items are available in my STORE!)

Colors: Purple Posy, Coastal Cabana, Magenta Madness, Misty Moonlight, Whisper White, Gold
Inks:  Purple Posy, Coastal Cabana, Magenta Madness, Crumb Cake, Cinnamon Cider, VersaMark
Cardstock/Papers:  Misty Moonlight, Magenta Madness, Shimmery Whisper White, Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper, Gold Foil Sheet, 2019-2021 In Color Designer Series Paper
Stamps: Still Scenes, Tree Angle
Tools: Snow Globe Scenes Dies, Stitched Nested Labels Dies, Banners Pick a Punch, Heat Tool, Water Painters
Accessories:  Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder, White Stampin Emboss Powder, Wonder of the Season Ribbon Combo Pack (gold thread), Adhesive-Backed Snowflakes, White Stampin Emboss Powder

So first detail I want to point out is the "snow".  I watercolored it with Whisper White Craft Ink.  Then, when it was wet, added some White Stampin' Emboss Powder to it.  I kinda love the look:

Another thing I want to point out is the embossed Window Sheet.  I embossed the globe part onto the Window Sheet, cut it out with the Snow Globe Scenes Dies, then adhered it over the house globe part.  I know it is hard to tell in the photo, but I LOVE the glassy look it adds over the house scene. 

And of course I never hate a good watercolor wash background...

I hope you enjoy this card!  And come play along!  

 

Thank you so much for visiting!  Let me know if you have any questions!  I would love to help!  

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com
Shop 24/7: www.ashleyvancamp.stampinup.net

 

No comments:

Leaf Collection Fun for TGIF Challenge #471!!

Yes...the  ☆  NEW  ☆   Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog is here! AND...the  ☆  NEW  ☆  TGIF Challenge is here!  Yay!  So let's get to it...