Friday, November 23, 2018

TGIF Challenge 187...Double Sponging:

It's time for another fun TGIF challenge!!!  Who is ready?!  If you have never participated before, you should!  Every Friday we have a challenge and you just make a project inspired by the challenge and post it on our TGIF Challenge blog.  It's a lot of fun!  Here is the card I made for today's challenge:


Colors: Crumb Cake, Berry Burst, Pool Party, Basic Black
Cardstock/Papers Crumb Cake, Berry Burst, Pool Party, Basic Black, Vellum
Stamps: Warm Hearted (Hostess Stamp Set), Buffalo Check
Tools: Big Shot,Stitched Shapes Framelits, Swirls & Curls Embossing Folder, Sprig Punch, Heat Tool
Accessories: Linen Thread, Whisper White Embossing Powder, Gold Shimmer Paint

Any guesses on what the challenge is?!  😀  Hint...it is technique time:

I love sponging!  So much fun!  Can you spot the TWO ways that I sponged on the card above?!  Yes...I am an overachiever.  Hee.

In case you didn't spot them...I will tell you.  😀  First up is the embossed piece.  I embossed a piece of Berry Burst cardstock first:


This is great just as is, and I love the embossing.  But...look how much those swirls & curls pop when you take a sponge and rub some ink over it:


Kinda fun!  Then next up is something I discovered recently when I was making Thanksgiving name tags for the table.  I sponged some Gold Shimmer Paint over Crumb Cake cardstock.  Kinda fell in love, so decided to use it here also:


I wanted some inconsistencies and in real life, it is so shimmery.  Love it!!!   Want to see some of the details up close?!  Well here you go! 



LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the Buffalo Check Background stamp!  😍

I hope you enjoyed this card!  Let me know if you have any questions!  And head on over to the TGIF Challenge blog and play along!  Can't wait to see what you make!  

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com

No comments:

Technique Tuesday With Custom Striped Accents!

One of my assignments on Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Design Team is to do share some fun techniques.  My first one was shared at the end ...