Friday, August 17, 2018

TGIF Challenge 173... It's Beach Time!!

Are you ready for the BEST challenge ever?!?!  It's a THEME challenge over on the TGIF Challenge blog, and I AM SO EXCITED!!!  It is a BEACH theme!  If you know me at all, you know I'm a little obsessed with the beach.  😍 It is my safe place and where my soul feels whole.  So...yes...I am so excited about this challenge this week!  Are you ready to play?!  Here is my card that I made...



ColorsCoastal Cabana, Calypso Coral, Highland Heather, Gray Granite, Lemon Lime Twist

Cardstock/Papers Gray Granite, Coastal Cabana, Shimmery White, Calypso Coral, Lemon Lime Twist, Watercolor Paper, Twinkle Twinkle Designer Series Paper

Stamps: Sea of Textures, Tropical Chic

Tools: Big Shot, Seasonal Layers Thinlits, Under the Sea Framelits, Heat Tool

Accessories: Basic Adhesive-Backed Sequins, Linen Thread, Whisper White Embossing Powder

 And the official challenge:



I did a little SNUBAing on a recent vacation and OH. MY. HEAVENS.  I loved being UNDER the ocean SO. MUCH!!!  I have always loved snorkeling, but this was so much better!  I was in love!   Here's a little pic of me down there...


Anyway...so I kinda took the card this week to the ocean part of the beach...and it was so much fun!  Here are a few more pics of some details...


These waves are from the scallop die in the "Seasonal Layers" thinlits.  HOW MUCH FUN IS THAT?! :-)


Love that embossing!  I just embossed the netting in Whisper White onto Watercolor paper.  And then I just did a quick color wash over it with Coastal Cabana ink and an Aqua Painter.  😍


Ok...so I HATE how an octopus looks in real life.  Nasty.  Haha.  BUT I LOVE this little guy in stamping form!  Funny how that works.


I hope you enjoy these projects!  Thanks so much for visiting!  Now go check out the TGIF Challenge Blog and play along!  I want to see ALLLLLL the beach inspired projects!!!!  💕

Let me know if you have any questions!  And don't forget about the FABULOUS Anniversary special I have going this week!!!

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com

No comments:

Technique Tuesday With Custom Striped Accents!

One of my assignments on Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Design Team is to do share some fun techniques.  My first one was shared at the end ...