Monday, November 15, 2010

More Fall Decor...

I forgot to share this with you last week. This was another piece of fall decor I made last week for my house. It's using retired Designer Series Paper...I think it's called Haiku?! Anyway...it was what I had around so decided to use it. And I'm really happy with how this all turned out. Here it is...
I found this frame in my "alterables" stash in my stamp room. However...the mat that came with the frame was a cream color and I wanted something that "popped" a bit more. Well...Craft Ink and Clear Embossing Powder to the rescue!!!! I wasn't sure if it would work, but it did PERFECTLY! I used Old Olive Craft Ink and just smooshed it all around to give the mat a good coat. Then I'm sure I could of just let it dry or something...but I was in a hurry. So I put some clear embossing powder on it and just embossed it. It looks amazing! I used a Decor Element I had (can't remember the name of it but it has 4 different words with it) in my stash (it is still in the current Decor Element catalog if you want it!). Then I made some more leaves using the Big Shot, Leaves #2 die, and the Spider Web embossing folder. I added some Pumpkin Pie striped ribbon on the top and just Glue Dotted it on. Here are a few close-up shots...
And then here it is up on my fireplace mantle...
(It's a bit blurry...sorry!) Anyway...I have a few more things I want to make but I've been having fun making some decor for my home using my stampin' stuff. Then I can make it just how I want it! :) Hope you enjoy! Thanks for visiting!!!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Love this!!!! The leaves are fabulous!

Who Is In A Magnolia Mood!!! For April Artisan Blog Hop!!!

👏 YAY!  It is that time again! Time for a mini Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! This month is all about a ☆ FANTASTIC  ☆  Onl...