Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I LOVE Decor Elements!!!

Today I FINALLY took down my Halloween decor (I know...a little late!) and got ready to put up some Thanksgiving/Fall-ish decor. Well....I realized quickly that I was lacking in this decor area. So what to do?! It's snowing outside so NOT heading to a store! Instead...down to my stamp room. I found a "Season of Thanks" Decor Element laying around. This is what it looks like...PERFECT! Then I found an 8x10 canvas I thought would be good for the space I needed something. Well...the Decor Element was a bit too big...so what to do?! Well....I just cut off the bottom saying and just used the top two. So now I have a "Season of Love" saying to make something else with. (Thinking Valentine's Day! :) ) Then I added some Autumn Spice Designer Series Paper (LOVE this stuff...and love the texture it gives!!!), some die-cut leaves (thanks Big Shot!), some Early Espresso 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon and cardstock, and some 1/8" Very Vanilla ribbon. This is what I came up with...
How much fun! I LOVE being able to make one of a kind decor for my home! My stamping supplies come in handy all over the place! :) Now here is an close-up look at the leaves...
When I die-cut the leaves, they don't have those veins in it. It just cuts out the shape of the leaf. So how did I do those lines? Can you tell?!?! Why...it's the SPIDER WEB embossing folder! I saw it laying there and thought...those could look like veins on a leaf. So that's what I used. Here is the other leaf bunch...
And here is a side view so you can see that I added the ribbon around all of the sides of the canvas to add some color and make things "pop" a bit more...
I hope you enjoy and hope it inspires you to use your stamping supplies for other uses! Thanks for visiting!!!!

2 comments:

Pam said...

Very cool.....and so "high-end" looking!! Right on, Ashley!!!

Jill said...

Super duper cute! You're so amazing. Funny too cuz I just did a post about how I love canvas! I'm sure that looks amazing in your house!!!!!

Technique Tuesday With Custom Striped Accents!

One of my assignments on Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Design Team is to do share some fun techniques.  My first one was shared at the end ...