Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Fancy Rainbow With a Fancy Sketch!

All month long, the Stampin' Fancy Friday Design Team has been posting FABULOUS cards made with a FABULOUS sketch for our March Challenge!  Have you been checking them out?! I hope so!  If not ... obviously you still can!  😁 (IG: @stampinfancyfriday or FB: Stampin' Fancy Friday)  Today is my turn to share the card I made!

Spoiler alert: I am obsessed!  Haha.  And hope you enjoy it also! 

Colors Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Lemon Lime Twist, Coastal Cabana, Fresh Freesia, Basic White, Basic Black
Inks: Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Lemon Lime Twist, Coastal Cabana, Fresh Freesia, VersaMark
Cardstock/Papers: Basic White, Basic Black, Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper, Gold Foil Sheets
Stamps: Bright Skies
Tools:  Bright Skies Dies, Perennial Postage Dies, Basics Embossing Folder, Heat Tool, Water Painter
Accessories: Basics Embossing Powder, Baker's Twine Essentials Pack, Rainbow Adhesive-Backed Dots, Iridescent Rhinestones Basic Jewels

What do you think?!  Are you as obsessed as I am?!  Haha.  Here is the general sketch to use: 

But let the sketch take you wherever you want to go!  That is the beauty of a sketch challenge.  It gets the creative juices flowing, but you really can just use it as a jumping point that takes you anywhere! I pretty much kept to the sketch myself, but LOVE seeing all the variations that I have seen with it! 😍

I used the Bright Skies Bundle & a rainbow watercolor wash to really bring this card to life.  Here are a few photos and tips to make this card: 

🌈 Choose your colors & do a subtle watercolor wash on Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper.  ***Hint: I wanted bold tones, but subtle color.  So I choose some bright colors, but used a lot of water to dilute the color for the more subtle look.  Colors I used: Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Lemon Lime Twist, Coastal Cabana, Fresh Freesia.

🌈 Use Memento Tuxedo Black & Water Painter to add some splatter to the watercolor wash AFTER the watercoloring is all dried.  ***Hint: Use a Heat Tool to quickly dry the watercoloring.

🌈 Stamp & die cut your pieces.  Layer & adhere them to the watercolor wash strip, and trim edges.  ***Hint: for more texture, I did not trim the cloud on the right side so it would hang over the watercolored panel.

🌈 Add the other pieces to the panel before adhering to the card front.  ***Hint: I used the Perennial Postage Dies to cut out one side of the die.  Then added just that piece to the left side of the panel.  Love that fun little detail! Then I tied the bow around that whole panel, with the bow on the left side.  The adhered the greeting with dimensionals! 




Then you just adhere the whole panel to the card front! 





So what do you think?!  Are you as obsessed as I am?!  I think I am going to make something like this to frame.  It is one of those cards that truly feels like a work of art that I could stare at forever & ever & ever.  Haha.  

I hope you enjoyed & I hope you know how much I appreciate you visiting!  Please let me know if you have any questions!  I would be happy to help!  Also - if you would like this bundle (because it is FABULOUS!) or any other Stampin' Up! supplies - just let me know! (If you are in the US.)

Thank you again! 

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com

No comments:

It's A Rainbow Surfboard Beach Day!!!

 Love me a Beach Day! And love me some rainbows!  So why not combine them?! 😁 💕  I used the Beach Day Bundle & rainbow colors to creat...