Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Sea Turtle & More ... Leftovers Turned Birthday!

What do you do with the "leftover" pieces from your papercrafting projects?!  I have a little container next to where I work & sometimes I add some pieces to projects I'm working on, and some I forget about.  Haha.  The other week I went to town with my leftovers!  😂  I had quite a bit of some fun pieces that I wanted to make sure didn't get wasted, so card making frenzy began!  Sharing the first one today!



Colors Crumb Cake, Fresh Freesia, Lemon Lime Twist, Granny Apple Green, Melon Mambo, Lost Lagoon, Basic White
Inks: Crumb Cake, Lemon Lime Twist, Granny Apple Green, Melon Mambo, VersaMark, BLENDS: Fresh Freesia, Lost Lagoon
Cardstock/Papers: Basic White, Crumb Cake, Lost Lagoon, Vellum
Stamps: Of Art & Texture, Sea Turtle, Beauty of the Deep, Phrases for All
Tools:  Beauty of the Deep Dies, Timber Embossing Folder, Sponge Dauber, Heat Tool
Accessories: Iridescent Rhinestones, Linen Thread

I have done a few things with the fabulous Sea Turtles set lately, and had a few leftover turtles!  Look how cute they are swimming in some coral!   And I love the coloring of the turtles.  When I originally stamped them, I inked the turtle up in Lemon Lime Twist first.  I then used a sponge dauber inked in Granny Apple Green to pounce some variation onto the turtle before stamping.  😍


Just about everything on this card was lounging around waiting to be put to use!  So I was very happy to give them a home.  😁  That purple coral is actually cut out of vellum and then colored with a Blends Marker.  Then I also used the Lost Lagoon Blends Marker to color the Pool Party Crinkle Ribbon that you can use FREE through February* during Sale-A-Bration!  (*or while supplies last)

I also love the texture stamped around the main focal point!  It adds such a fun touch.


I used the Of Art & Texture stamp set and this is what it looked like before I added the main panel: 

All in all - I had a lot of fun making this card!  What is your favorite detail?

Thank you so much for visiting my page!  I hope you enjoy!  Please let me know if you have any questions on anything!  I would love to help you with all your papercrafting needs.  And if you need help with getting any Stampin' Up! supplies - I would love to help with that also! 

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com

No comments:

Hot Air Balloon Swap Fun!

Back in March, I went to Stampin' Up!'s On Stage (a convention) event in Houston, TX.  I forgot to share the swap card I made to sw...