Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Sea Turtle & More ... Leftovers Turned Birthday!

What do you do with the "leftover" pieces from your papercrafting projects?!  I have a little container next to where I work & sometimes I add some pieces to projects I'm working on, and some I forget about.  Haha.  The other week I went to town with my leftovers!  😂  I had quite a bit of some fun pieces that I wanted to make sure didn't get wasted, so card making frenzy began!  Sharing the first one today!



Colors:  Crumb Cake, Fresh Freesia, Lemon Lime Twist, Granny Apple Green, Melon Mambo, Lost Lagoon, Basic White
Inks: Crumb Cake, Lemon Lime Twist, Granny Apple Green, Melon Mambo, VersaMark, BLENDS: Fresh Freesia, Lost Lagoon
Cardstock/Papers: Basic White, Crumb Cake, Lost Lagoon, Vellum
Stamps: Of Art & Texture, Sea Turtle, Beauty of the Deep, Phrases for All
Tools:  Beauty of the Deep Dies, Timber Embossing Folder, Sponge Dauber, Heat Tool
Accessories: Iridescent Rhinestones, Linen Thread

I have done a few things with the fabulous Sea Turtles set lately, and had a few leftover turtles!  Look how cute they are swimming in some coral!   And I love the coloring of the turtles.  When I originally stamped them, I inked the turtle up in Lemon Lime Twist first.  I then used a sponge dauber inked in Granny Apple Green to pounce some variation onto the turtle before stamping.  😍


Just about everything on this card was lounging around waiting to be put to use!  So I was very happy to give them a home.  😁  That purple coral is actually cut out of vellum and then colored with a Blends Marker.  Then I also used the Lost Lagoon Blends Marker to color the Pool Party Crinkle Ribbon that you can use FREE through February* during Sale-A-Bration!  (*or while supplies last)

I also love the texture stamped around the main focal point!  It adds such a fun touch.


I used the Of Art & Texture stamp set and this is what it looked like before I added the main panel: 

All in all - I had a lot of fun making this card!  What is your favorite detail?

Thank you so much for visiting my page!  I hope you enjoy!  Please let me know if you have any questions on anything!  I would love to help you with all your papercrafting needs.  And if you need help with getting any Stampin' Up! supplies - I would love to help with that also! 

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com

No comments:

Use Your Stash! With Sunny Summer Fun!

Today is a fun Use Your Stash Hop! with a super fun theme ... Sunny Summer!  So I went all in!  I used the Rays of Light and Sharing Sunshin...