Saturday, January 27, 2024

Planted Paradise With TGIF #457!

 Woot!  It is that time again!  TGIF Challenge time!  Which means, since I am on the design team - I get to share a card that I made using the week's challenge.  And then YOU get to make a card inspired by the challenge and share it on the TGIF Challenge Blog.  This week is a fun inspirational challenge, and we can't wait to see what you make! 

First up though, here is the card I made! ...

Colors Bubble Bath, Flirty Flamingo, Melon Mambo, Lemon Lime Twist, Granny Apple Green, Starry Sky, Basic White
Inks: Bubble Bath, Flirty Flamingo, Melon Mambo, Lemon Lime Twist, Granny Apple Green, Starry Sky, Tuxedo Black Memento Ink
Cardstock/Papers: Basic White, Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper, Gold Foil Sheets, Masking Paper
Stamps: Planted Paradise, Lifetime of Love (sentiment)
Tools:  Deckled Circles Dies, Perennial Postage Dies, Fern Embossing Folder, Water Painter
Accessories: Pastel Adhesive-Backed Sequins, Baker's Twine Essentials Pack

And then here is the challenge!  Use the colors, the layout, the "love" theme ... whatever inspires you from this!  Go with it! 

I loved the layout and the "wash" behind the image.  I also added a little love to the card.  First ... I used Stampin' Up!'s Masking Paper & the Deckled Circles to die-cut a circle.  (This masking paper is THE BEST, for the record.  I LOVE it.  So easy to cover what you need covered, do your technique, & then easily remove when needed.  So that is what you see here.  First, I added to die-cut to my Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper.  Then I did my watercolor wash with Bubble Bath, Flirty Flamingo, & Melon Mambo ink.  Then I did some black splatter & removed the masked circle.

 

So fun, right?!  I used this as a base and I really like how the blank circle grounds the focal point.  And speaking of focal point ... I LOVE the Planted Paradise Stamp Set.  It is so much fun to layer the beautiful plants pieces together.  And don't they just look GORGEOUS?! I love it! 😍

The layer of texture behind it all, made with the Fern Embossing Folder, adds the perfect finishing touch to this card.  

I hope you enjoy this card! Thank you so much for visiting!  Now ... head on over to the TGIF Challenge Blog to see what the other designers made and then play along with us this week!  We can't wait to see what you do! 

Please let me know if you have any questions on anything!  I would love to help you with your papercrafting needs! I would also love to help you get any Stampin' Up! supplies you need! 

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com

No comments:

Hot Air Balloon Swap Fun!

Back in March, I went to Stampin' Up!'s On Stage (a convention) event in Houston, TX.  I forgot to share the swap card I made to sw...