Monday, October 2, 2023

Reach For The Stars With A Sketch! - Stampin' Fancy Friday Challenge!

Hello!  Welcome!  ๐Ÿ’—  Today I am continuing on with trying to catch up from summer time by sharing my AUGUST Stampin' Fancy Friday Challenge card with you!  I know...yikes!  Thanks for being patient with me!  And in case you don't have any clue what I am talking about ... I am on the Stampin' Fancy Friday Design Team!!! and it is a huge honor.  It is a team of past and present members of the Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team.  And each month there is a challenge that we all tackle to give you loads of inspiration throughout the month, with the hopes that you will follow along and create with us!  So let me just say ... following along with this challenge each month is WELL worth your time!  You can follow on Facebook by searching for Stampin' Fancy Friday or on Instagram: @stampinfancyfriday.  Then tag us in your posts!  

August's challenge was a fun sketch.  I LOVE a good sketch.  It makes things so much fun to have a blueprint of inspiration and seeing where it takes you.  And you can take it where you want...and it can go a lot of different directions!  (Evidenced by following along and seeing how different the projects are that are contributed by the design team!)

I am going to show you my card first, and then I will show you the sketch.  Then you can see how it lead me.  And just a spoiler ... I LOVE space!  So yes...I want to use the Stargazing Suite in Stampin' Up!'s Annual Catalog as much as I can.  I LOVE this suite!  ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ When I saw the sketch for this month, the first thing that popped into my head was this paper.  And I knew just where I was going with this month's project! 

Colors Basic Black, Colors from designer paper: Berry Burst, Lemon Lime Twist, Blueberry Bushel, Orchid Oasis
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaMark
Cardstock/Papers: Basic Black, Basic White, Blueberry Bushel, Stargazing Designer Series Paper, Holographic Trio Specialty Paper
Stamps: Reach For the Stars
Tools:  Basics 3D Embossing Folders, Reach For the Stars Dies
Accessories: Basics Embossing Powder, Wink of Stella Glitter Brush, 2022-2024 In Color Baker's Twine Pack

Like seriously...a dream of mine is that I will one day need to wear a space suit like this.  And see planets in these exact colors up in space.  Hee.  I will share more about the card soon, but want to see the sketch now?  And see why this paper immediately jumped into my head?


Look at all those circles in the background!  LOVE IT!  And then instead of the circle focal image...I used the astronaut!  



Here are just a few more pics of the details.  But I have to point out something you can see pretty well in the photo above.  The HOLOGRAPHIC stars!  I mean...come on!  They are SO GORGEOUS in real life.  And add so much depth.  

It is somewhat difficult to photograph, so you may have to trust me a little.  But man!  I LOVE them!  

I also really love the detail of the embossing on the designer paper.  I just used one of the Basics 3D Embossing Folders.  And instantly ... SO FANCY!  ๐Ÿ’–



So what do you think?  You can still participate in this challenge!  Even though I am late to posting my project, I would love to see what you make!  Go check out what the other designers made (Facebook: Stampin' Fancy Friday & Instagram: @stampinfancyfriday) and then tag us on what you make!  

Please let me know if you have any questions or need me to explain any of the details!  I would also love to help you with all your paper crafting needs!  So reach out with anything I can help you with!

Thank you so much for visiting!

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com


No comments:

Hot Air Balloon Swap Fun!

Back in March, I went to Stampin' Up!'s On Stage (a convention) event in Houston, TX.  I forgot to share the swap card I made to sw...