Friday, May 5, 2023

Cheerful Daisies With A Color Combo ... TGIF Challenge 419!

I am so thankful that I get to be on the TGIF Challenges Design Team.  I have missed participating in these challenges because they truly are so inspirational.  I would never have used this color combo, but here I am!  😁 And it was a great re-introduction to the fun Berry Burst that has re-joined Stampin' Up!'s color palette!  YES!  There was a COLOR REFRESH with the ☆ BRAND NEW Annual Catalog! ☆ Some past In Colors (which is the case for Berry Burst) returned, and there are also 4 BRAND NEW colors!  So exciting! 

Back to the TGIF Challenge of the week...in case you haven't guessed...it is a fun Color Combo Challenge!

Colors Berry Burst, Petal Pink, Basic Black, Basic White
Inks:  Berry Burst, Petal Pink, VersaMark
Cardstock/Papers: Berry Burst, Petal Pink, Basic Black, Whisper White, Vellum, Zoo Crew Designer Series Paper
Stamps: Cheerful Daisies
Tools:  Cheerful Daisies Dies, Stitched Shapes Dies, Tailor Made Tags Dies, Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder, Heat Tool
Accessories: Basics Embossing Powders, Baker's Twine Essentials Pack (white), Ribbon Duo Combo Pack (pink), Iridescent Rhinestones Basic Jewels

Can you guess what the colors are?!  I mentioned Berry Burst above.  So yes...that is one. 😁 Here is the official challenge:


This one is pretty easy, in my opinion.  Haha.  But I did do a little watercoloring for this.  I started out by coloring a sheet of Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper with the colors Berry Burst & Petal Pink.  I used different amounts of ink with my Water Painter to get a variation of intensity.  Here is what my paper looked like when it was done and dried...

I almost just used this paper for my card.  And I do have some leftover that I will make another card with.  But I LOVE watercoloring.   It is so much fun and feels so "artsy." But then I just die-cut the flowers from the paper using the Cheerful Daisies Dies.  After I cut that out I stamped the detail image on top of the die, using the Cheerful Daisies Stamp Set.  


I really love how it looks.  I added the center to the flower and didn't stamp any detail on it. Making the background was fun.  I embossed a piece of white cardstock and wanted to add the color in a more intense way.  So I used the Stylish Shapes Dies to cut out some polka dots in the two pinks and adhered those to the embossed piece.  

Added a few more details and VOILA!  ☆ Color Challenge complete! ☆



Here is one last view of the full card...


I hope you enjoy!  And now I want to see what you make!  Head on over to the TGIF Challenge Blog and submit your card!  I can't wait to see it!  

Thank you so much for visiting!  Please let me know if you have any questions at all!

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com

No comments:

Who Is In A Magnolia Mood!!! For April Artisan Blog Hop!!!

👏 YAY!  It is that time again! Time for a mini Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! This month is all about a ☆ FANTASTIC  ☆  Onl...