Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Some Textured Sponged Sunshine...

I guess it's winter, huh?!  So my cards seem to be inspired by me needing sunshine.  😂  I shared a sponged sunset last time.  Today I am sharing a simple sponged sun...with texture this time! 

SUPPLIES:  (all items are available in my STORE!)

Colors: Gray Granite, Whisper White, Coastal Cabana, Flirty Flamingo, Daffodil Delight
Inks:  Daffodil Delight, Coastal Cabana, Memento Black, BLENDS MARKERS:  Light & Dark Pool Party, Light & Dark Flirty Flamingo
Cardstock/Papers:  Gray Granite, Whisper White, Vellum Cardstock (to make circle mask), Brights 6"x6" Designer Series Paper
Stamps: Pretty Parasol
Tools: Rectangular Postage Stamp Punch, Umbrella Builder Punch, Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder, Layering Circles Dies, Sponges
AccessoriesWoven Threads Sequins Assortment, Flowers For Every Season Ribbon Combo Pack (white thread)

This was super simple to do.  Just used a circle mask (cut a circle from a piece of Vellum cardstock...making sure there is extra vellum around the whole circle to protect the cardstock you are sponging on) to sponge a sun where I wanted it on the cardstock.  Then emboss it with the Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder and add whatever other details you want!  I colored this umbrella with Stampin' Blends makers. 

And I just totally love this fun texture! 

I also loved this sponged greeting.  I like how you can easily get an ombre look.  (I also have a fun trick to punch a smaller postage stamp.  See the photo below!) 

Here is how I made a smaller postage stamp.  I first punched out the greeting, lining up the bottom of the stamp with the bottom of the punch.  So it had extra on top.  Then, I grabbed a Post-It, stuck it to that, and used that to guide the punched greeting back into the punch.  I then lined up the edges, and punched off the excess.  Voila!  A smaller postage stamp! 

I hope you enjoy this card!  Please let me know if you have any questions on anything!  I would love to help you with any of your papercrafting needs!

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com
Shop 24/7: www.ashleyvancamp.stampinup.net

No comments:

Who Is In A Magnolia Mood!!! For April Artisan Blog Hop!!!

👏 YAY!  It is that time again! Time for a mini Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! This month is all about a ☆ FANTASTIC  ☆  Onl...