Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Some Textured Sponged Sunshine...

I guess it's winter, huh?!  So my cards seem to be inspired by me needing sunshine.  😂  I shared a sponged sunset last time.  Today I am sharing a simple sponged sun...with texture this time! 

SUPPLIES:  (all items are available in my STORE!)

Colors: Gray Granite, Whisper White, Coastal Cabana, Flirty Flamingo, Daffodil Delight
Inks:  Daffodil Delight, Coastal Cabana, Memento Black, BLENDS MARKERS:  Light & Dark Pool Party, Light & Dark Flirty Flamingo
Cardstock/Papers:  Gray Granite, Whisper White, Vellum Cardstock (to make circle mask), Brights 6"x6" Designer Series Paper
Stamps: Pretty Parasol
Tools: Rectangular Postage Stamp Punch, Umbrella Builder Punch, Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder, Layering Circles Dies, Sponges
Accessories:  Woven Threads Sequins Assortment, Flowers For Every Season Ribbon Combo Pack (white thread)

This was super simple to do.  Just used a circle mask (cut a circle from a piece of Vellum cardstock...making sure there is extra vellum around the whole circle to protect the cardstock you are sponging on) to sponge a sun where I wanted it on the cardstock.  Then emboss it with the Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder and add whatever other details you want!  I colored this umbrella with Stampin' Blends makers. 

And I just totally love this fun texture! 

I also loved this sponged greeting.  I like how you can easily get an ombre look.  (I also have a fun trick to punch a smaller postage stamp.  See the photo below!) 

Here is how I made a smaller postage stamp.  I first punched out the greeting, lining up the bottom of the stamp with the bottom of the punch.  So it had extra on top.  Then, I grabbed a Post-It, stuck it to that, and used that to guide the punched greeting back into the punch.  I then lined up the edges, and punched off the excess.  Voila!  A smaller postage stamp! 

I hope you enjoy this card!  Please let me know if you have any questions on anything!  I would love to help you with any of your papercrafting needs!

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com
Shop 24/7: www.ashleyvancamp.stampinup.net

No comments:

Use Your Stash! With Sunny Summer Fun!

Today is a fun Use Your Stash Hop! with a super fun theme ... Sunny Summer!  So I went all in!  I used the Rays of Light and Sharing Sunshin...