Monday, February 9, 2015

Leadership Swap Card...

There is always swapping at Stampin' Up! events!  It's part of the fun of these events.  (What is a swap?!  It's where you make multiples of the same card and "swap" with other people that have done the same thing.  So you get lots of different card ideas!) Today I am sharing the card I made to swap!  


I did something different than my "norm" for this card.  And I LOVE it!!!  I embossed the "so very kind of you" sentiment on watercolor paper with Whisper White embossing powder.  (Again...I used the "Big On You" stamp set...like the project I shared HERE.  LOVE these greetings!!)  Then I just took my Aquapainter and some different color re-inkers and did a bit of water coloring.  It was quick and easy...wasn't trying to be exact or anything.  The colors I used were:  Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight, and Calypso Coral.  Each card looked a little different, and it really was a fun process.  (You just get ink in one of the colors, swoosh it on over the sentiment until it is how you want it for that color, scribble the Aquapainter over a paper towel to clean off the color, then repeat with the other two colors.  Then just dab the paper towel over the embossing to remove any ink that got on it.)

Here are a few more close-up pictures...




Give this technique a try!  It's so much fun!  Hope you enjoy this card!  Thanks for visiting!  If you have any other questions just drop me an email: designwithink@gmail.com.  

No comments:

Who Is In A Magnolia Mood!!! For April Artisan Blog Hop!!!

👏 YAY!  It is that time again! Time for a mini Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! This month is all about a ☆ FANTASTIC  ☆  Onl...