Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Love Is Always In The Air...

I know Valentine's is over...so this is a little late.  :)  But can't we ALWAYS decorate with a LOVE theme?!  :)  So hopefully you still like this idea and it inspires you in some way.  This is a piece of Home Decor I made for my mantle for Valentine's Day.  It may or may not still be sitting on my mantle.  :)  Here it is...

Fun...right?!  It really is a simple project. A bit time consuming making the flowers, but not hard at all.  All I did was punch out 5 scallops..the smaller 1 1/4" scallop circle.  Then stacked them on top of each other, poked a hole in the middle and set a brad, spritzed the top layer with some shimmer spray (rubbing alcohol mixed with Shimmer Paint), scrunched up that layer, spritzed the next layer, scrunched that up, and continued on until the flower was all pretty and scrunched.  Then just let dry and repeat for however many flowers you need.  Then I just arranged them into a heart, and hot glued them onto the frame.  I added some Designer Paper to the inside of the frame, made the Love banner, and there you go!  A fun piece of decor to add to your mantle! 

Here is another pic so hopefully you can see the flowers better....
I kinda liked the flowers all different looks of "scrunchy" to give it a little more interest.  They really add a lot of pop. 

Hope you enjoy!  You could make all sorts of these for all sort of holidays...an egg shaped for Eater, clover for St. Patty's Day, Christmas tree for Christmas, etc, etc. 

Thanks so much for visiting!!!

No comments:

Back with A Latte Love! TGIF Challenge #465!

Well I have a fun challenge for you this week!  And Stampin' Up! even recently released the perfect suite for this challenge ... availab...