Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Fifth Avenue Scalloped...

I have a fun and quick project to share today. I made a notebook completely from scratch and it was a lot of fun. I like projects that are simple, quick, and give that WOW still! :) (Don't we all! :) ) Here is the project...

The notebook cover and back and inside pages are all done with Stampin' Up!'s Scallop Square Die and Big Shot. I was SO EXCITED when I saw this die in the new catalog. And I have been having lots of fun using it. (AND....GOOD NEWS! This die is part of the Holiday Extravaganza Promotion going on right now. SO...this die would go towards the $50.00 you need to get a FREE Decor Element! See THIS POST for more info.) So how did I make this? Well it was really easy. I took two pieces of chipboard, and just covered each side with some Designer Series Paper (DSP). I used the Tea Party Designer Series Paper. The chipboard and DSP was 5x5. So you need 2 chipboard pieces and 4 DSP pieces. (I used Stampin' Up's glue stick to adhere. It really is the best glue stick I have ever used. It holds really well and is good for projects like this.) Then I just ran each covered chipboard piece through the Big Shot, using the Scallop Square die. Cut some lined notebook paper to 5x5 and run that through the Big Shot, using the same die. Stacked it all together and used my Crop-A-Dile to punch a hole in the corner. Put my binder ring in the hole and tied some ribbon on it for decoration. Then decorate the cover and you are done. Here is a close-up of the flowers...
I used the Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set. I just embossed them with white embossing powder on the different colored card stocks. (Pretty in Pink, Almost Amethyst, and Certainly Celery). Then cut out and used my VersaMarker to color in different parts of the flower so it would have some shading.
Here is a pic of the notebook opened. The back cover is covered the same...the inside has this same Almost Amethyst paper, and the back cover has the stripes. Hope you enjoy! Let me know if you have any questions! Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

Bobby Sue said...

Love it!

Sherri said...

Love this Ash!!! Very cute!

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

OOh Love the sweet soft colours of this card.
xx

Who Is In A Magnolia Mood!!! For April Artisan Blog Hop!!!

👏 YAY!  It is that time again! Time for a mini Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! This month is all about a ☆ FANTASTIC  ☆  Onl...