Sunday, September 26, 2021

Timeless Tropical Time For Fancy Friday Sketch Challenge!

Have you been following along this month with the Stampin' Fancy Friday Sketch Challenge?!  If not...make sure you follow us, the Stampin' Fancy Friday Design Team, on Instagram or Facebook.  There have been LOTS of inspiration!  And I'm sharing mine today!  

ColorsPolished Pink, Coastal Cabana, Granny Apple Green, Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody, Whisper White
Inks: Coastal Cabana, Granny Apple Green, Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody, Memento Black, VersaMark
Cardstock/Papers: Whisper White, Coastal Cabana, Polished Pink, Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper
Stamps: Art Gallery, Timeless Tropical
Tools: In the Tropics Dies, Seashells 3D Embossing Folder, Heat Tool
Accessories: Shaker Shapes, Basics Embossing Powders (white), Linen Thread
Have to admit...I LOVE this card.  😁 It may be slipping into the fall time of year where I love, but I'm a forever summer type of girl!  Hee.  What can I say?!  Now...want to see the sketch that inspired this card?!  Then stick around because I will share some of the details of this card below!  


This is SUCH a fun sketch that I can see using time & time again!  So feel free to bookmark this one!  But like I promised...here are a few more pics and details of the card!

To make that fabulous pineapple...I did some watercoloring onto Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper.  For the green, I used Granny Apple Green.  Then splattered with the same color.  For the base of the pineapple, I used a mix of Daffodil Delight & Mango Melody.  Then splattered with Mangy Melody.  


After it is all dried, it is time to use the In The Tropics Dies to cut the pineapple out...

And all of that to get this gorgeous focal point...

After that pineapple was made...I embossed the "I MISS YOU" greeting multiple time on Polished Pink cardstock to add to the card front.  And stamped the flower from the Timeless Tropical Stamp Set onto the Coastal Cabana card base.

Should we discuss the background on the card?  Those gorgeous white layers that may be a background...but the part that makes it all POP?!  I LOVE the effect.  I cut panels from Whisper White cardstock and them embossed them with the Seashells Embossing Folder.  Then distressed the edges of each of the panels with the edge of a pair of scissors.  (BE CAREFUL and don't cut yourself!). Then splattered with some black ink!  My crafting style usually uses a lot of texture...and I LOVE the texture that this fun detail adds.  


And then here are just a few more pics of the card...



I hope you enjoy this fun card inspired by that fabulous card sketch!  Now I want to see what you make!!!  So take this sketch, make something with it, then tag us in it!!!  

Thank you so much for visiting!  PLEASE let me know if you have any questions at all on anything!  Just a few days left to earn FREE Sale-A-Bration products!  So let me help you!  

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com

No comments:

Who Is In A Magnolia Mood!!! For April Artisan Blog Hop!!!

👏 YAY!  It is that time again! Time for a mini Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! This month is all about a ☆ FANTASTIC  ☆  Onl...