Thursday, July 8, 2021

Dandy Wishes Balloon Birthday...

Birthday cards for a guy can be tricky at times.  But also...sometimes they just work out.  And that's how I feel about this one that I am sharing today.  I love the colors, watercoloring, accents, and even a fun little altering of a die to make it just what I needed.  😁

ColorsWhisper White, Granny Apple Green, Coastal Cabana, Mango Melody
Inks: Granny Apple Green, Coastal Cabana, Mango Melody, VersaMark
Cardstock/Papers: Whisper White, Thick Whisper White, Basic Black, Mango Melody, Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper
Stamps: Sharing Sunshine (dots on balloon), Sweet Ice Cream (Happy Birthday sentiment), Handsomely Suited (You're the Best sentiment)
Tools: Heat Tool, Dandy Wishes Dies, Layering Circle Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Water Painters, Rectangle Postage Stamp Punch
Accessories: White Stampin' Emboss Powder (Basics Embossing Powders, Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder (Metallics Embossing Powders), Shaker Shapes

There are a few fun details on here that I will explain a little.  But first...can we talk about the Shaker Shapes Embellishment?!  MAJOR Swooning!!! going on over here.  😍😍😍 The stars (it comes with mini stars, hearts, and circles) were the PERFECT little touch for this card.  (I also really love that little detail under the "You're the Best" sentiment...that was punched from the Rectangle Postage Stamp Punch and trimmed to fit.)

Aren't they adorable?!  😁 Now on to explaining some of the details...I did a watercolor wash with Granny Apple Green and Coastal Cabana.  I used the largest Water Painter Brush and just added water all over the background BEFORE I added ink.  Once it was wet...then I got some ink on there, so it would really blend well.  I wanted the two colors to really fade into each other where they met...like you can see here...

Now can we talk about this balloon?  I was shocked at how perfect it was.  😀 I actually used the large flower die from the Dandy Wishes Dies...


Combine this die-cut with the Layering Circle Dies, and you have yourself a perfect balloon!  😊 

One last tip is about the gold embossed splatter.  I used some VersaMark ink refill and a Water Painter.  I mixed a little water with the ink, flicked the water painter on the end of the lid, and "splattered" away.  Then I added gold embossing powder (from the Metallics Embossing Powders) and embossed it.  I love this so much!

I hope you enjoy this card!  Please let me know if you have any questions on anything!  What is your favorite detail on this card?!  

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com

No comments:

Back with A Latte Love! TGIF Challenge #465!

Well I have a fun challenge for you this week!  And Stampin' Up! even recently released the perfect suite for this challenge ... availab...