Thursday, August 4, 2016

Can't find it??...Make It!

I've been in the process of re-decorating my house.  We recently had it painted, and now I'm trying to figure out what I want and where.  Today I worked on the finishing touches for my fireplace mantle.  My house was all done being painted around the 4th of July, so I originally had just decorated it for the holiday.  Recently I took down the holiday decor and had to decorate it for "every day" decor.  No problem, right?!  Well--actually--it honestly is hard for me to find what I like in stores.  I like clean and simple, bright and cheery, etc.  I don't really do many rustic or antique-y pieces.  Well...my style isn't always the "trend" of home decor.  Sooooo....what do I do?!  Just decorate with what I can find?  Or--just make my own pieces??!!!  Why--of course--just make what I like!  Yay for being able to totally personalize my space with my Stampin' Up! supplies!  Want to see what I made?!  And what my mantle looks like?!  Well here you go...


I know it's hard to see, so here is a more up-close picture...


So I made the little basket of flowers, added the large burlap flower to the vase, put up a sign, and then made a few frames with my Stampin' Up! supplies!  Want to see even more close-up pictures of those?!  I'm sure you do, because they still are hard to see in the photos.  So...here you go...



I can't express how much I love the "Sunshine Sayings" Bundle.  It is SO. MUCH. FUN. to use!  So it was the first thing I thought to use when I wanted to make a fun frame.  Paired with the "Pop of Pink" Designer Series Paper...well it just can't get much better!!  :-)  I LOVE the gold foil papers in this pack, but I have to say--I have been hoarding them.  (I'm sure I'm not the only one that does this, right?!)  But using it in a display piece that I will see every day?!...best way to use it!  :-)  What do you think?! 

Then look at this frame I found in a store...


I loved this frame!  I love pineapples and love the pineapple trend!  However...this frame wasn't the right size for what I needed.  I just thought...I can make my own!!  So look what I did...


It's also using the "Pop of Pink" Designer Series Paper.  So simple and so cute...I think anyway.  :-) cut a piece of the paper to the size you need, emboss the pineapple with Gold Embossing powder, adhere to paper, frame, and voila!  A fun decor piece! What do you think?!


Anyway...hope you enjoy and this inspires you to create something fun today!  Thanks for visiting!  Let me know if you have any questions! designwithink@gmail.com.

No comments:

Technique Tuesday With Custom Striped Accents!

One of my assignments on Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Design Team is to do share some fun techniques.  My first one was shared at the end ...