Sunday, July 27, 2014

Ridiculously Awesome Vintage...

Are you sick of seeing the samples I made for the display boards yet?  I hope not!  Because I still have lots more to share!  :)  I love this card today.  It's a bit rustic, yet vintage, yet just amazing.  :)

Here is the card...

I combined the stamp set, "Amazing Birthday" with the "Gorgeous Grunge" stamp set.  (I have to say..."Gorgeous Grunge" is my most used stamp set OF. ALL. TIME!  I seriously use this set SOOOOO MUCH!  It is a MUST have, in my humble opinion.  :) )  But I love this card because it shows that this completely birthday themed stamp set doesn't have to be just birthday.  It's still so versatile.  I can't think of anyone that wouldn't want to get a "make today ridiculously amazing" card!  :)

Loving the color combo here too.  It's Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Blackberry Bliss, and Lost Lagoon.  Will be doing more with this color combo for sure!

Here are a few close-up pictures to show you some details...


(Side note...I just can't even begin to stress how much I love the 1 1/4" Burlap Ribbon.  My heart swoons every time I look at it/use it.  :) )

So I embossed this stamp (yes...the "make today... image is all one stamp!  LOVE!) a few times on different colored cardstock...Chocolate Chip, Blackberry Bliss, and Lost Lagoon.  Then just cut out the pieces I want from the Lost Lagoon and Blackberry Bliss images and adhere them to the main Chocolate Chip piece.  Easy, peasy!

LOVING the gold sequins!  They are SUCH an affordable accessory.  And you can use them in a strand or just adhere individual sequins to your card.  (I did BOTH here!  Whoa!  Someone settle down!  :) )  Just a small tip when you are using the sequins individually...I fold mine in half before adhering to my project with a glue dot.  That way you get a bit of dimension to them.  I try to adhere them flat, and I just so much prefer them folded.  Give it a try...you will see what I mean!  :)



Hope you enjoy this card!  Thanks so much for visiting!  As always...email with any questions...designwithink@gmail.com.

2 comments:

Becky Cowley said...

LOVE! All of your display samples are so awesome! It is fun to get a better look at them!

Design With Ink said...

Well thanks so much, Becky! You are too sweet. :)

Back with A Latte Love! TGIF Challenge #465!

Well I have a fun challenge for you this week!  And Stampin' Up! even recently released the perfect suite for this challenge ... availab...