Thursday, October 20, 2011

Hairbow Frenzy...

I have been meaning to share these for awhile. A few weeks ago I was asked by someone in our church to help with an event they were doing for the women in our congregation. She wanted the women to make some Holiday Hairbow's as part of this event. OF COURSE I was willing to help! These are what I designed...
A darling rolled fabric pumpkin for Halloween, some fun fall flowers for Thanksgiving, and a glittery star for Christmas. (Now...just note that I didn't have the right fabric for the star. I was just using what I had on hand but was getting some glittery felt for the final product. :) )

Here are some close-up's...I LOVE this pumpkin. Just took a strip of some orange fabric, cut out a circle with my Big Shot and Circles # 2 die ( I used that a LOT for these projects) and started rolling and gluing. The EASIEST way to do these is cut a circle from the Sticky Pages (just basically a 12x12 sheet of Sticky Strip) with the Circles #2 die. Then mount that on a cardstock or felt piece the same circle size. Then you don't have to constantly be hot gluing the fabric down. You just stick your fabric down in the middle, roll your fabric around in a circle, and just sticking it down into the Sticky Pages as you roll. Then I just cut a strip of brown felt for the stem and tied some Old Olive ribbon in a knot and glued it down.

Here is a picture of the back so you can see how I adhered it all together and how the clip is on...
Just cut out a circle smaller than the pumpkin circle and glue it on to the clip and pumpkin.
Here is one version that I did for Fall. I just did a single leaf with my Leaves die. It was kinda small so I wanted to make a bigger one (which is why I did the 2nd one). This one will be super cute in my 7 month old's hair. (ok....well...not IN her hair...more like clipped on to one of her elastic headband things. :) ) Here is a picture of the back...
So here is the enlarged version. I cut out three of the leaves and just glued them on to a circle cut from felt and my Circles #2 die. This fabric is from the "Spice Cake" collection in the mini catalog and I LOVE LOVE this...And here is the back...


Then the star is looking a little sad...but with glitter all over the felt...MUCH better! :) I just cut out two circles from the Star die and layered them on top of each other. I forgot to get a picture of the back...but I did the same thing as the others so hopefully you can figure it out.Hope you enjoy! Gotta love the Big Shot and all it's many uses! When I cut the pieces out for all the ladies....it seriously took me like 1 hour to do enough circles/leaves/etc. for like 80 hairbow's of each design. Being able to do 8 layers at once REALLY made things go fast!!!! Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Back with A Latte Love! TGIF Challenge #465!

Well I have a fun challenge for you this week!  And Stampin' Up! even recently released the perfect suite for this challenge ... availab...