Thursday, February 17, 2011

Fabric Fun Galore...

Since my stamp room is still under construction (UGH!!!! Don't even get me started!!!)...I have been spending some time sewing. (And actually having fun...although I am NOT a seamstress AT ALL and such a beginner.) For Valentine's Day...I decided to make some of these rag bags for my daughter's preschool teacher and classroom helpers. I also made one for my daughter. Here are all of the bags I made posing together...
Aren't they so much fun and cute?!?!? I almost couldn't give them away. I made them with the Scallop Square die. I also used the Flower Folds die for the flower on the bag. Here is a close-up of one of the flowers...
I sewed two pieces of ribbon together (they are both retired) to give it a sturdy handle and I love the look!!!! Here is a full shot of one of the bags...
On the inside I cut a piece of chipboard (located in the back of the catalog with the Big Shot stuff) to the size of the bottom of the bag. Then I covered with fabric and added it to the purse so it has a sturdy base. Here is a pic...
And of course you want a side view also so here you go...
Now don't lok too close at the actual sewing. Hoping these bags stay together. :) My daughter's seems to be doing just fine so far (so if it can hold up under the use of a 4 year old...I think I'm ok!). I would LOVE to hear what you think about these! :)
Thanks for visiting! Hope you enjoy!

4 comments:

Ahlquist Family said...

Very cute! :) I sent you my phone number on FB, so call me!

Jill said...

those are so flippin cute...i need to get that scalloped square still so I can whip some of those out. you put batting in them too, right? love them!! your teachers are spoiled. ☺

Carpenter's said...

Too cute and it screams GIRLY! Love that.

Sherri said...

Oh my word!! Do dang cute! I want one!!! I never did finish mine...not a surprise! Love your fabric!

Technique Tuesday With Custom Striped Accents!

One of my assignments on Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Design Team is to do share some fun techniques.  My first one was shared at the end ...