Friday, September 24, 2010

CLEARly Halloween is FUN!!!

I wanted to make a fun Halloween treat the other day. I found this Clear Take-Out box in my stash and decided I would start with this. Here is the project I did from the front...

And then from the back...
How much fun is this?! I had a blast...I must admit. This bat punch has definitely been getting it's use this Halloween season. :) They take center stage on this project. Here is a close-up of the big flower on top...
How cool is this?! It was easy to make. All I did was took the largest Scallop Circle die and punch out EIGHT of them. Then I spritzed them with my Shimmer Spray (made with Shimmer Paint and Rubbing Alcohol) until they were a bit damp. Then I just scrunched up one at a time into a little ball. Then un-scrunch them, layer them together, pierce a hole in the middle, and secure with a brad. Then just scrunch up all the layers and you get this flower. Then I just secured it with one dimensional on one of the flaps, so you can still open the top easily. Here is a close-up of the front...
Each bat you see is actually 2 bat punches adhered together in the middle. I used my bone folder to curl up the wings a bit so there is some dimension. Then of course I spritzed them with my shimmer spray and added some of those FABULOUS self-adhesive rhinestones! Can't get enough of those! :) And also...the "Happy Halloween" banner has a FABULOUS glimmer brad from the mini catalog on it! :) LOVE LOVE LOVE those!!!
Here is a close-up of one of the sides and the back...
Now you may be wondering how I did that black scallop border on the top and bottom of the paper. Well....it's another one of my new fave toys. Can you guess?!?!?!? It's actually from the "Tasteful Trim" Big Shot die that is in the Holiday mini. It's the big Ric Rac one. I just cut out two of them and then layered them on each other to make the scallops and glued to the designer paper. Clever, huh?! :) I was pretty excited when I figured that out. :)
So I just adhered the bat focal point and the designer paper around the front. Then I took another sheet of designer paper (all from the Wicked Fun collection) and sort of rolled it up, but it in the inside, and wrapped it around the sides. I didn't even adhere it anywhere...I didn't want a tight fit with it...just loosely wrapped around the inside.
Anyway...here is the treat opened up. Two layers of snack size candy bars! YUM! You can also see how I adhered the flower...

Hope you enjoy! Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

Pam said...

This is just adorable!!! But I have tried so hard to make your gorgeous, perfect flowers and they always look like wadded paper stuck on a card.
You are tops!!