Thursday, August 18, 2011

August Club Projects...

Well maybe I shouldn't have announced my comeback until I was sure I would have time to post regularly. :) But how are you ever sure you will have time?! We have been busy this last bit of summer...going on vacation, getting sick, having a baby that does NOT want to put down at any part of the day, building pretend schools/stores/apartments in the basement to have some fun pretend play, soaking up the last bits of summer sun, etc, etc. Anyway...getting to the computer has not been easy. BUT ALAS...I am here to show you my August Club Projects so that is SO EXCITING, huh?!?!? :) And next week school "starts" (my daughter is starting Kindergarten and just gets tested that first week and then will start back full time the next week) so we will be getting on some sort of schedule. After I have my break down that my oldest is starting the big bad world of SCHOOL! Seriously...if ANYONE has ANY tips on how to get through this...would LOVE to know. I die a little inside each time I think about it. My heart aches a bit that she is growing up so fast. I am sure it will NOT be a pretty sight that first day of school (for the mom anyway...my daughter can't wait!!!).

But what you REALLY came for....STAMPING PROJECTS...

Here is the card we did for club...
I debated back and forth on the Creative Elements stamp set in the catty. I loved it but wasn't sure how much I would use it. Well SO GLAD that I have it!!! It is SUCH a great stamp set with SO MANY fun elements! Hope you can see them here! We did lots of distressing and sponging and just had FUN on this card!!! :)

Since it is back to school time...I thought a fun altered composition notebook would be fun. So here goes...
As you can tell...both of these projects use the FABULOUS hostess designer series paper, Cheerful Treat. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors of this and just can't get enough! :) Everyone had different patterns of the paper and it was fun to see all the creations. Here is a bit of a close-up of the elements we used...
And then of course we had to add a bow closure to the notebook...
Club members...I will be sending out the instructions to these projects today so you can add them to you collection and have them for future use!! :)

And if anyone out there would like more information on joining club and being able to make club projects like these for FREE each month...just email me at designwithink@gmail.com! Would love to hear from you!

Hope you enjoy and thanks for visiting!!!!

FORGOT TO TELL YOU...these are the FIRST projects that I made in my NEW STAMP ROOM!!! Yes...my room is DONE! Ok...well...the parts of my room that our contractor and cabinet/countertop people were doing are done. I, however, still have some decorating and organizing to do. I PROMISE I will share before and after pics when all that is done! I am working on it!

No comments:

Back with A Latte Love! TGIF Challenge #465!

Well I have a fun challenge for you this week!  And Stampin' Up! even recently released the perfect suite for this challenge ... availab...